Sea water

Husein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Anybody collecting sea water in Vancouver.Would it be good idea?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people use NSW in there tanks with no ill effects to my knowledge, never done it myself but don't see it being a bad idea. Only downside I could possibly see is introducing some form of harmful bacteria into your system but I don't see it being a big risk

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people use NSW in there tanks with no ill effects to my knowledge, never done it myself but don't see it being a bad idea. Only downside I could possibly see is introducing some form of harmful bacteria into your system but I don't see it being a big risk
I'd have to do some serious digging, but I read something quite some time ago about a guy who lived by the ocean and was able to rig up a system so that every time the tide came in it performed a water change on his tank. He used a system of pipes that when the tide came in the water was collected, put through a filtration system, and then went into his tank, and the old water overflowed down a drain. It was a remarkable setup and I haven't seen anything about it since.

OP
OP
Husein

Husein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys.Just toying with idea of using water as natural as i can.Is there any difference in our water vs water in tropical region?Do i need to perform any filtration before goes in tank?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back