Seachem phosguard

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i want my phosphates to go from 1.0ppm to optimum reef levels and from what i've read i need a alluminium base product in order to get them down quickly.Will seachem phosguard get them down in 4-5 days or even a week or it will need more time?

edit:
65 gallon tank,about 20kg live rock...
more info about the tank: afte years of poor maintenance i vaccumed the sand brushed rocks,added microbacter 7 and added nitraphos.I lost all my fish from ich a month ago and my tank was fallow for 3 weeks..Also i've been running aquaforest phosphate minus for a month now but my phosphates don't seem to get down

Last edited:

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i want my phosphates to go from 1ppm to optimum reef levels and from what i've read i need a alluminium base product in order to get them down quickly.Will seachem phosguard get them down in 4-5 days or even a week or it will need more time?
Well most reefers dont see .1 as an issue. A lot will depend on how much phosphate has been absorbed by your rocks and sand. Also depends of how large of a system, how much rock and how you use the Phosguard. A lot of us have been dosing Lanthanum Chloride products.
Cheers! Mark

OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well most reefers dont see .1 as an issue. A lot will depend on how much phosphate has been absorbed by your rocks and sand. Also depends of how large of a system, how much rock and how you use the Phosguard. A lot of us have been dosing Lanthanum Chloride products.
Cheers! Mark
65 gallon tank,about 20kg live rock...
more info about the tank: afte years of poor maintenance i vaccumed the sand brushed rocks,added microbacter 7 and added nitraphos.I lost all my fish from ich a month ago and my tank was fallow for 3 weeks..Also i've been running aquaforest phosphate minus for a month now but my phosphates don't seem to get down

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back