Seachem Phyto and zoo plankton bloom?

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, Im going to be getting a green mandarin in next week and wanted to get started on populating my nano with pods. He eats frozen but I feel a balanced diet and as much biodiversity wont hurt so I bought a bottle of pods and seachem's phyto and zoo plankton to help these guys get established. The day before I added them I did a water change. All parems were looking good. I woke up this morning to what appears to be a bacteria bloom. Water is cloudy and slightly milky. No green or brown tint. No hair algae or cyano anywhere in tank. Only thing in the tank rn is a baseball size of red macro algae, a hermit, and my LR. Fish died two weeks ago but Ive been dropping a few pellets to keep the lone hermit fed and nitrifying bacteria up. I verified the pods were active and alive when I added them. No experience using the plankton though. I threw in an airstone to boost dissolved O2 as I read it can help resolve blooms. Anybody else have any insight?
Amm <0
Salinity 1.025
Temp 75
Alk 200
Ph 8.4
Nitrite <0
Nitrate<0

nano cloudy.jpg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is yr alk really 200?? Looks like bacterial bloom due to new tank + phyto, and you will have to continually supplement pods into the tank the mandarin will make quick care of all pods in a tank that size

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back