Seachem prime and Salt & fresh Microbe-lift

saltygoldfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing a fish in cycle in my 10 g I have one common clownfish and I’ve been using prime to detoxify ammonia but can I use both of these products At the same time?

image.jpg image.jpg

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing a fish in cycle in my 10 g I have one common clownfish and I’ve been using prime to detoxify ammonia but can I use both of these products At the same time?

image.jpg image.jpg
Yes, and you should be, if you have not introduced nitrifiers through other methods.

How have your ammonia readings been like?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok o didn’t know since they both detoxify ammonia that it would be too much using both
I mean, technically that's not wrong but their purposes are very different.

Prime temporarily detoxifies ammonia, preventing it from harming your fish, but the ammonia is still actually there.

Nite-Out introduces nitrifying microorganisms that once establishes actually get rid of ammonia by consuming it for respiration, forming nitrite in the process. So this is a more permanent way of handling ammonia in an aquarium, a.k.a. also the purpose of cycling.

OP
OP
saltygoldfish

saltygoldfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, technically that's not wrong but their purposes are very different.

Prime temporarily detoxifies ammonia, preventing it from harming your fish, but the ammonia is still actually there.

Nite-Out introduces nitrifying microorganisms that once establishes actually get rid of ammonia by consuming it for respiration, forming nitrite in the process. So this is a more permanent way of handling ammonia in an aquarium, a.k.a. also the purpose of cycling.
That makes perfect sense thank you!

Back