SeaClear 40 Gallon Acrylic - QT/Frag tank setup

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of converting a SeaClear 40 Gallon Acrylic to be reef ready. Also built the stand for it. Wasn't able to find a build thread with this specific tank so hopefully someone finds this useful. Currently have a 10 gallon AIO as the frag setup and this is my first time plumbing a tank!

Tank:
SeaClear 40 Gallon Acrylic

Sump:
Trigger Sapphire Sump 26 (overkill but why not ;))

Overflow:
Eshopps Eclipse M Overflow Box (800 GPH)

Here was the most nerve-racking part! It's acrylic and I had done some practice runs with some old pieces before going for it!

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

It will have 3 holes. One for the overflow (per the pic) and one on each side for the return lines which will use 3/4" Bulkheads.

Will update this with more details and pics soon!

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Here are some pics of the DIY stand. Dimensions are 37" W 17"D 31"H. I added a center brace on the bottom section as well (not shown in pics) and 1/2"plywood for the top and bottom section.

IMG_3219.jpg
IMG_3219.jpg
IMG_3228.jpg
IMG_3223.jpg
IMG_3229.jpg
IMG_3224.jpg

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Tank is wet and currently cycling. I've typically used Fritz Turbo Start 9 with great success but decided to try Microbacter 7 and XLM. Day 4 of cycle and starting to see the Nitrites building up. More pics to come!

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your tank coming?
Coming along nicely. Took a couple of weeks to fully cycle this one but slowly maturing. I've since added an Aqua Ultraviolet 15 Watt Sterilizer with Hanger Spout and Tunze Eco Chic Waterproof Refugium Led Light with Chaeto in the Refugium section of the sump. Also added a second AI Prime 16 HD

Just dipped some new corals that came in today from the last WWC live sale.

IMG_3577.jpg

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I've added the Bubble Magus Curve Elite 5 to the system (running skimmer about a month now). I must say it's a nice skimmer and has been pulling out some nice skimmate after about a day. Will post pics...

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I've added the Bubble Magus Curve Elite 5 to the system (running skimmer about a month now). I must say it's a nice skimmer and has been pulling out some nice skimmate after about a day. Will post pics...
That’s the skimmer I bought too. Hoping my tank is done next week sometime but not sure how long shipping will take

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the skimmer I bought too. Hoping my tank is done next week sometime but not sure how long shipping will take
I’m running the water height at about 8.5inches. On the lower end of what they recommend but it’s the best results for my system. Good luck with your build and would love to see it when it’s up!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back