Seagrass

Eatfrenchfries

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had luck with seagrass from Aquaticus plants? I bought each one to give it a try. First time receiving vacuum sealed plants. Also out of the three I only received two.

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real seagrasses need exceptionally deep and nutritious substrate. Most people don't have or want to put over 4 inches of substrate in their tank. Eelgrass is probably the easiest to grow, then Manatee, then Turtlegrass,

OP
OP
Eatfrenchfries

Eatfrenchfries

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm aware of the requirement for sea grass. I bought turtle, shoal, and manatee. I have between. 2 to 8 inches of substrate with breeding mollies, guppies, and a couple green spotted puffers. It's aged sand from an established system that I recycled into this project.

My margin of success isn't high but fingers crossed at least one or two of the grasses take hold.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had luck with seagrass from Aquaticus plants? I bought each one to give it a try. First time receiving vacuum sealed plants. Also out of the three I only received two.
What light are you using with your seagrass lagoon?

Do you have a tank thread?

OP
OP
Eatfrenchfries

Eatfrenchfries

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently two AI Prime 16HD supplemented by 2x T5 6500k for spread in a 30gallon display with a 30 gallon sump. Overstocked with breeding mollies and guppies. Main attraction of the tank is a Green Spotted Puffer. I'll post some pictures when I'm home. Lost 2/3 sea grass. Only have the manatee grass I got from Tropical Fish Plus. Everything from Aquaticus died.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting about the guppies in salt water. I have used mollies in coral growout tanks and macro lagoons. Was adjustment for guppies to saltwater any differrent than mollies to saltwater.

OP
OP
Eatfrenchfries

Eatfrenchfries

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimation for guppies took the course of a few days. Mollies I acclimate within a day. Only lost one guppy out of sixteen. They breed quite readily with feedings of bbs and clams.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back