Seahorse compatibility with coral

Hp1836

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone with experience keeping favites pentagona "war coral" know how aggressive it is? I want to put it in my larger seahorse tank but am not sure if it would be compatible.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The folks at the website below have been very helpful as I plan my seahorse tank, you could ask them. Tagging @SeahorseKeeper who is staff they may have some other contacts to suggest as well.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all softies and LPS in my tank... torches and hammer, et are supposedly risky but my observation are they seem to know or learn what stings.... I’ve seen my fish swim all over and still avoid them ...
I’d avoid acros, et however

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, it depends on the pipefish. For dragon face or others that perch, then yeah. If it's blue stripes or open water swimmers, then not as important.
I have a dragon face and he goes all over the tank. I have a 20g mixed reef so far no issues I think he knows to avoid corals with long tentacles lol

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dragon face and he goes all over the tank. I have a 20g mixed reef so far no issues I think he knows to avoid corals with long tentacles lol
I got all kinds of stinging corals and agree seahorses do seem to know or learn what to avoid…I still would not put something too tempting for them to wrap around for a hitch like acros et…but I see zero evidence of LPS stings

SantaMonica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hippo would rise up over the corals and latch on to the return outlet, and loved sticking his head into the flow. He never spent much time around the corals.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back