seahorse fry for fish food.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely yes, we had caught a pair when young, they were in a qt tank with native blenny and definitely remember him taking part in why none of the fry lived that they had. The male was already carrying when caught.

Live in new jersey these were hitchkers to the area that wouldnt have lived after the temperatures would have fallen. Marvels of ocean currents [emoji23]

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to how you know they were hitchers to the area? Northern erectus are frequent finds along the eastern seaboard in appropriate areas even as far north as Nova Scotia at times. They don't go south for the winter to warmer water.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to how you know they were hitchers to the area? Northern erectus are frequent finds along the eastern seaboard in appropriate areas even as far north as Nova Scotia at times. They don't go south for the winter to warmer water.

I didnt actually know their natural range stretched that far, thanks for that.

I was quite young at the time i dont remember much about them only that the fry they had never made it. First time was just memorable The seahorses themselves we had for 2 years.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will reef fish eat seahorse babies?
Yes, some will. I had a conversation with Dan Underwood over at seahorse source just Monday about what to do with fry if you don't want to raise them or can't. I have three erectus. 2 female and one male. They have not mated buut the conversation came up because I want to add one more to my tank but I am not interested in raising fry so I asked what do people do with them? He stated that many people feed them to their reef tnks, some seahorses, not all, will eat their fry, and then there is euthanasia with clove oil.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back