Seahorse Savvy Reviews

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes every thing was followed, no delay with the shipment or delivery.

The question was ask, I posted my experience, and there's nothing more to say.

Yes, there is more you could say.

What was the reason given by Alyssa for you not getting store credit? They must have had a reason for not honoring a their live arrival guarantee.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there is more you could say.

What was the reason given by Alyssa for you not getting store credit? They must have had a reason for not honoring a their live arrival guarantee.
I feel ur line of pushy questions on this matter is unnecessary. Obviously the person is upset with what happened and got best information she could from seller but yet u keep asking same questions, don’t u think there would be more info if she had it. Problem could be on dealers side I mean hey they got their money ( which is what’s important to them not the actual seahorses) sad that’s how it is nowadays. Pay me good bye. Just wondering if u have stock in that company or friends at that business

LisaMarie

Addicted to Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy has always been great. Healthy seahorses. Excellent communication and customer service. Perfect shipping. I ordered after extensive research and would recommend to anyone.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy has always been great. Healthy seahorses. Excellent communication and customer service. Perfect shipping. I ordered after extensive research and would recommend to anyone.
Just got notice that something I said in this thread was deleted for curse words. I’m sorry but I don’t remember any curse words in my post. I try n follow rules my Wife has me well trained. But if I did I apologize didn’t mean to. Hope I didn’t offend anyone sensitive

OP
OP
Samina

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just thought I’d update on my shipment. I took the morning off for the expected delivery date. I order 4 pairs; 2 of those pairs were WYSIWYG.
The acclimation direction per SS is to float to temp acclimate for 30mins and then scoop out with your hands and place them in the tank. As per direction, parameters of your water are to be within the range they list, and there is explicit direction to not drip acclimate. Since I was within the parameters listed, I did the temp acclimation and placed them with my gloved hands in the tank. Lights were off also.
First couple of pairs I placed in, hitched right away and didn’t seem very stressed. The other 2 pairs were handled in the same manner and upon placing them in the tank, they immediately fell to the bottom of the tank and were breathing very labored and were extremely stressed. I observed them and left them alone. They remained laying on the sand and breathing was very very labored. Did not look like gas bubble. I started to panic.
I called Seahorse Savvy and spoke to Alyssa. I told her what happened and she asked me to check my parameters. I checked them all and reported them to her and sent her pics of the ponies that were affected and the ones that weren’t. Sent her videos of the tank as she just wanted to rule out if it had to do anything with setup. She agreed that they looked very stressed and unfortunately there was nothing we could do at this point but observe. At this point, we were nearing end of 2hr DOA policy period. I did not even ask and she herself reassured me that they will work with me and to just keep her updated and to keep lights off for remainder of the day. That evening, 2 of the stressed ponies passed. I retrieved them from the tank. Out of other two that looked very stressed also, one was now hitched. The other was still laying on sand. Went to bed and next morning the one that was laying on the sand was hitched but was very weakly hitched. I updated Alyssa about the ponies that passed and status of the remaining. All of the ponies except the one that was weakly hitched ate spot fed PE mysis that morning. Alyssa apologized for the ordeal and was very helpful to me, she was wondering if the horses ended up getting too cold during shipment. We honesty don’t know what happened to cause this though as heat pads in the box seemed to be warm when I opened the box. She asked me if I wanted credit or replacements and I asked her just for credit on file right now and come spring I will utilize it and order more. And by the evening of next day, the one that was weakly hitched seems to have made a nice turnaround. Has also eaten. So that was my experience. Once the ponies get more accustomed to their new home, I’ll post pics up.
So far, even though it didn’t go smoothly with no loss, I am pretty happy with the service Alyssa has provided.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just thought I’d update on my shipment. I took the morning off for the expected delivery date. I order 4 pairs; 2 of those pairs were WYSIWYG.
The acclimation direction per SS is to float to temp acclimate for 30mins and then scoop out with your hands and place them in the tank. As per direction, parameters of your water are to be within the range they list, and there is explicit direction to not drip acclimate. Since I was within the parameters listed, I did the temp acclimation and placed them with my gloved hands in the tank. Lights were off also.
First couple of pairs I placed in, hitched right away and didn’t seem very stressed. The other 2 pairs were handled in the same manner and upon placing them in the tank, they immediately fell to the bottom of the tank and were breathing very labored and were extremely stressed. I observed them and left them alone. They remained laying on the sand and breathing was very very labored. Did not look like gas bubble. I started to panic.
I called Seahorse Savvy and spoke to Alyssa. I told her what happened and she asked me to check my parameters. I checked them all and reported them to her and sent her pics of the ponies that were affected and the ones that weren’t. Sent her videos of the tank as she just wanted to rule out if it had to do anything with setup. She agreed that they looked very stressed and unfortunately there was nothing we could do at this point but observe. At this point, we were nearing end of 2hr DOA policy period. I did not even ask and she herself reassured me that they will work with me and to just keep her updated and to keep lights off for remainder of the day. That evening, 2 of the stressed ponies passed. I retrieved them from the tank. Out of other two that looked very stressed also, one was now hitched. The other was still laying on sand. Went to bed and next morning the one that was laying on the sand was hitched but was very weakly hitched. I updated Alyssa about the ponies that passed and status of the remaining. All of the ponies except the one that was weakly hitched ate spot fed PE mysis that morning. Alyssa apologized for the ordeal and was very helpful to me, she was wondering if the horses ended up getting too cold during shipment. We honesty don’t know what happened to cause this though as heat pads in the box seemed to be warm when I opened the box. She asked me if I wanted credit or replacements and I asked her just for credit on file right now and come spring I will utilize it and order more. And by the evening of next day, the one that was weakly hitched seems to have made a nice turnaround. Has also eaten. So that was my experience. Once the ponies get more accustomed to their new home, I’ll post pics up.
So far, even though it didn’t go smoothly with no loss, I am pretty happy with the service Alyssa has provided.
All matters is seahorses well being wish u best of luck

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel ur line of pushy questions on this matter is unnecessary. Obviously the person is upset with what happened and got best information she could from seller but yet u keep asking same questions, don’t u think there would be more info if she had it. Problem could be on dealers side I mean hey they got their money ( which is what’s important to them not the actual seahorses) sad that’s how it is nowadays. Pay me good bye. Just wondering if u have stock in that company or friends at that business
Mainly because as others have said, nearly every review seen is highly positive for them. It’s easy to post a very one sided nearly anonymous rant to smear someone online. And when nearly every review is positive like this:
It isn’t really a wonder why some would as for more details on negative reviews. Especially if they become immediately combative and snarky when asked, such as this:
Its easy to figure out inventory changes.
I ordered 3 horses @ $230 each plus shipping (around $60), 2 out of 3 came in dead, Alyssa (Kyle was also contacted, but he is no longer with them) was contacted immediately after shipment came in box was opened, no refund, no credit. This was NOT recently, this was my first and last order with them, I don't recommend them due to my one experience with them, there is not any more to say.

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for contributing to this thread. I have been setting up and cycling my seahorse tank for over 6 months now and all my research and reading helped me decide that when I pull the trigger on the ponies, it will be from Seahorse Savvy. Therefore I was taken aback to see the negative review and have been following. I will soon be adding horses to the tank (I am making sure all cycling is done, all parameters are stable, and the other inhabitants are healthy and happy before adding the ponies) and have decided that I will still be purchasing from Alyssa. In the communications I've had with her so far, she is responsive, caring, and responsible, and I truly feel she cares about the seahorses and the customers more than money. Those of us who get into seahorses do it because we love them (or are obsessed with them?) and not because they are easy or profitable. I've had seahorses a lot in the past and I always miss them when I don't have them, so here we go again. :)

I have purchased captive bred and wild caught in the past, and I've seen the advantages and disadvantages of both. (Actually, the only advantage of wild-caught is the price). But for several reasons, I would rather only purchase captive bred from a reliable source from now on and give this hobby the respect it deserves.

Equalizer: I know that you have seahorses because they hitch to your fishing nets and rather than let them die, you make a safe home for them, and I respect that (and envy you!) but I don't think the rest of us non-fisherman should be out depleting the oceans. I only buy captive bred livestock and home-fragged corals at this point. The ocean needs all the help it can get to keep sustaining it's natural beauty.

So to all us horse lovers: here's hoping we all have healthy and happy ponies, regardless of where they came from!
Sue

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for contributing to this thread. I have been setting up and cycling my seahorse tank for over 6 months now and all my research and reading helped me decide that when I pull the trigger on the ponies, it will be from Seahorse Savvy. Therefore I was taken aback to see the negative review and have been following. I will soon be adding horses to the tank (I am making sure all cycling is done, all parameters are stable, and the other inhabitants are healthy and happy before adding the ponies) and have decided that I will still be purchasing from Alyssa. In the communications I've had with her so far, she is responsive, caring, and responsible, and I truly feel she cares about the seahorses and the customers more than money. Those of us who get into seahorses do it because we love them (or are obsessed with them?) and not because they are easy or profitable. I've had seahorses a lot in the past and I always miss them when I don't have them, so here we go again. :)

I have purchased captive bred and wild caught in the past, and I've seen the advantages and disadvantages of both. (Actually, the only advantage of wild-caught is the price). But for several reasons, I would rather only purchase captive bred from a reliable source from now on and give this hobby the respect it deserves.

Equalizer: I know that you have seahorses because they hitch to your fishing nets and rather than let them die, you make a safe home for them, and I respect that (and envy you!) but I don't think the rest of us non-fisherman should be out depleting the oceans. I only buy captive bred livestock and home-fragged corals at this point. The ocean needs all the help it can get to keep sustaining it's natural beauty.

So to all us horse lovers: here's hoping we all have healthy and happy ponies, regardless of where they came from!
Sue
Do u know what harms the ocean and marine life especially sea turtles. Helium balloons, people always thinks it’s fun to watch them float away and when they can’t see them anymore they walk away and go about their lives. But what they don’t realize is the balloon keeps going and going till eventually they wind up in ocean. Once in ocean they lose all those pretty colors and turn to clear see thru bags half filled with water. Anyway that makes em look like large jellyfish in distress which is a easy meal for sea turtles they then choke on them and die. Not only turtles but seals n other sea mammals. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. When a balloon comes up in one of my nets ( which I’d like to point out are a cord to bottom and don’t drag across the ocean floor not even when I’m pulling them up) I toss all plastic debris in a bucket and never ever ( This is my law on boat) throw back in ocean. Trust me I love my ocean way more than some snowflake tree hugger. My lively hood depends on it. And I make some nice bank

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u know what harms the ocean and marine life especially sea turtles. Helium balloons, people always thinks it’s fun to watch them float away and when they can’t see them anymore they walk away and go about their lives. But what they don’t realize is the balloon keeps going and going till eventually they wind up in ocean. Once in ocean they lose all those pretty colors and turn to clear see thru bags half filled with water. Anyway that makes em look like large jellyfish in distress which is a easy meal for sea turtles they then choke on them and die. Not only turtles but seals n other sea mammals. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. When a balloon comes up in one of my nets ( which I’d like to point out are a cord to bottom and don’t drag across the ocean floor not even when I’m pulling them up) I toss all plastic debris in a bucket and never ever ( This is my law on boat) throw back in ocean. Trust me I love my ocean way more than some snowflake tree hugger. My lively hood depends on it. And I make some nice bank
Thank you for helping to try and clean up the ocean - I do know of the dangers of all the plastic that ends up in the ocean and it breaks my heart. I am forever asking my nieces and nephews to not release balloons or those paper lanterns, but the trash I see along the shoreline when I'm there just infuriates me. I pick it up and dispose of it properly, but I know my (and your) efforts are only a drop in the bucket, unfortunately.
Sue

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for helping to try and clean up the ocean - I do know of the dangers of all the plastic that ends up in the ocean and it breaks my heart. I am forever asking my nieces and nephews to not release balloons or those paper lanterns, but the trash I see along the shoreline when I'm there just infuriates me. I pick it up and dispose of it properly, but I know my (and your) efforts are only a drop in the bucket, unfortunately.
Sue
Every little piece picked up is one less little piece in my ocean. Thank you for doing ur part to help. But I think we’ve gone off real subject in this thread

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back