Seapora (Formerly DeapBlue) 80g Rimless Build with Custom Stand and DIY Sump

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup.

If you haven't already try some peppermint shrimp. I've had incredible luck with them wiping out aiptasia in two of my tanks. My nano was overrun with them and one peppermint had it cleaned out in probably 2 weeks.

As far as bubble algae try a foxface. I also have a sailfin tang that loves it. It grows in my overflow but you won't find it anywhere in the tank. They mow down any algae that even thinks about growing.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did forget to mention I got a foxface. I love him but my luck and experience in getting many many fish I have never been able to get one to target what ever they are claimed to eat lol. I think I might feed too much. Even the emerald crabs decided to quit on the bubble algae after about 2 weeks. I am super happy I tried pytho crabs because they went to town on the bubble algae and it is no longer an issue. They are slightly bigger than emeralds but seem a lot more docile and if I ever need to remove them you can easily grab them as they do not run away from you. I actually never seen them run or move too fast at all. I consider them much much more superior than emerald crabs at this point.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is at it stands. What a roller coaster :grinning-squinting-face:. Much different than it started but now very pleased with the results.

2 XR15 G5 Pros, 2 39 inch AI Blade Glow. Curve 7 Protein Skimmer, Red Sea Roller Mat 500, Custom Kalk Reactor, Ciporax and Maxspect BioSpheres for biomedia. Custom 3DReefing Hedron Frag Scape. Dosing kalkwasser and custom trace element solution.

OP
OP
Moe K

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a post on how I mix up a custom form of Isol8 MT by Captiv8.

You can check it out HERE

Back