Season 10 Black Friday Starts Today! Dream Reef, $740,000 in Gifts, & the Sale is On!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
$250 spend for a free cap? lol (where is the crying with laughter emoji when you need it?).

And I've been waiting all day to see what the next Daily Doorbusters are but, aside from a massive extra 5% off the DOS, the rest appears to be just items that were already on sale elsewhere on the website at the 'Doorbusters' price. :rolleyes:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the excuse for the firms that BRS bought? Don’t you guys control / dictate the map?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$250 spend for a free cap? lol (where is the crying with laughter emoji when you need it?).

And I've been waiting all day to see what the next Daily Doorbusters are but, aside from a massive extra 5% off the DOS, the rest appears to be just items that were already on sale elsewhere on the website at the 'Doorbusters' price. :rolleyes:
Or on other websites at the same doorbuster price.
And here you go

200.gif

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone actually get more than a $10 discount code from BRS during one of these sales??? Where are the big winners at???
Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

There has been no mention of anything other than $10 this time around, in the videos that I have seen. They are simply saying 'everyone gets a $10 discount code'.

I have asked 3 times what the expiry date is on these cards, but no response. I'll find out soon enough as I placed one order using my Halloween coupon (the only order I have placed in the Black Friday shenanigans), but I'm not going to place any more orders (if I do anyway) until I find out whether these coupons are actually useable or not.

They were also big on 'spreading the prizes'. I think it would have been better if they'd given more people one box of salt, than giving a few people a year's supply. That would actual have been better for them IMO. It would have been a trial for those who have never used Tropic Marin salt, and the recipients might have gone back to buy more. As it is, the winners won't need to buy any for a year or so, and nobody else got to try it.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love BRS Black Friday, but disappointed that they raised some of their prices just before the “sale” like Bulk DI and 35lb buckets of Cal/Alk/Mag from $100 to $110...

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been no mention of anything other than $10 this time around, in the videos that I have seen. They are simply saying 'everyone gets a $10 discount code'.

I have asked 3 times what the expiry date is on these cards, but no response. I'll find out soon enough as I placed one order using my Halloween coupon (the only order I have placed in the Black Friday shenanigans), but I'm not going to place any more orders (if I do anyway) until I find out whether these coupons are actually useable or not.

Everyone who doesn't get a larger gift will be getting a $10 code this time around. These are good thru 12/31. Hopefully that clears up any confusion :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting as I order many times a year, and sometimes during these "give aways", yet have never received a coupon code for anything in any order.

Been a preferred reefer for over 6 years now.

Not really complaining(I'll keep ordering anyways), just kind of funny I have never seen one of these in over 10 years of using BRS.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting as I order many times a year, and sometimes during these "give aways", yet have never received a coupon code for anything in any order.

Been a preferred reefer for over 6 years now.

Not really complaining(I'll keep ordering anyways), just kind of funny I have never seen one of these in over 10 years of using BRS.

These $10 cards are something that we've started doing recently, but as long as you're a Preferred Reefer, you should be getting one during our Black Friday sale (assuming you don't get one of the larger gifts). If you don't see one in your box, just shoot our customer service team an email and we'll make it right!

rocsec1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed an order earlier this week and it came today…… along with a Clearwater CW200 algae scrubber. Almost fell over. Thank you so much. I have a CW50 and have been looking for a used Cw100 but I don’t have to now!!!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I placed an order earlier this week and it came today…… along with a Clearwater CW200 algae scrubber. Almost fell over. Thank you so much. I have a CW50 and have been looking for a used Cw100 but I don’t have to now!!!

When did you place your order (morning/midday/evening)?

I'm trying to work out when they pick the winners. i.e. whether it is spread throughout the day or all picked at the same time (when the live streams are being broadcast)? It could make a huge difference to the odds of winning if they're all picked at the same time and you place your order at a time that is likely to coincide.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back