Season 10 Black Friday Starts Today! Dream Reef, $740,000 in Gifts, & the Sale is On!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just to clarify on my last post. I don’t think that they are intentionally misleading people; I just don’t think they’ve thought this through and it leads to disinformation.

I am not a multi-millionaire businessman, but if I was running a giveaway like this then I would ensure that it was ultra-transparent. I would publish terms and conditions before the giveaways began. In it, I would have the following (and more):

1) An exact list of the giveaways (e.g. not just $10,000 of brand x - I am aware that some of this info was in the videos but I would have it written down).

2) An explanation of how the giveaways were decided. Was it by computer or by a person? Was it done during the packing or as a separate process

3) How are you eligible? Is it when you place your order or when it is packed/picked?

4) What is the time of the giveaway (this relates to point 2)? Is there a cutoff time? Are the giveaways spread throughout the packing day or over a short/fixed period?

5) A list of winners.

I am already left feeling that they have move the goalposts more than once. I feel that they changed the day of (at least) one of the draws after customers had made purchases, and I believe that some of purchases I made didn’t actually make it into the draw at all.

Where is the accountability?

Who’s to say that they’ve only actually given out a handful of ‘prizes’? I’m not saying that is the case but you would think that they would want to be beyond reproach in this regard.

I guess, at least I get my $10 discount cards, even if I will never know if I actually had a chance of winning anything else.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d love to know how it’s done too. Like do they go down the line and just l look for boxes that have room for whatever the item is? Is preference given to larger orders? Is it all done at one time of day? A few every hour?

it’s just curiosity on my part.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to clarify on my last post. I don’t think that they are intentionally misleading people; I just don’t think they’ve thought this through and it leads to disinformation.

I am not a multi-millionaire businessman, but if I was running a giveaway like this then I would ensure that it was ultra-transparent. I would publish terms and conditions before the giveaways began. In it, I would have the following (and more):

1) An exact list of the giveaways (e.g. not just $10,000 of brand x - I am aware that some of this info was in the videos but I would have it written down).

2) An explanation of how the giveaways were decided. Was it by computer or by a person? Was it done during the packing or as a separate process

3) How are you eligible? Is it when you place your order or when it is packed/picked?

4) What is the time of the giveaway (this relates to point 2)? Is there a cutoff time? Are the giveaways spread throughout the packing day or over a short/fixed period?

5) A list of winners.

I am already left feeling that they have move the goalposts more than once. I feel that they changed the day of (at least) one of the draws after customers had made purchases, and I believe that some of purchases I made didn’t actually make it into the draw at all.

Where is the accountability?

Who’s to say that they’ve only actually given out a handful of ‘prizes’? I’m not saying that is the case but you would think that they would want to be beyond reproach in this regard.

I guess, at least I get my $10 discount cards, even if I will never know if I actually had a chance of winning anything else.
This is true. Also feel $10,000 worth of neptune and $10,000 worth of hanna products equals a totally different number of winners. I only saw 1 instgram post where they actually listed the number of winners... that was good because it really put the odds in perspective. Unfortunately it was the only post I saw that listed it that way (it said something like 10 winners for hanna meter ect)

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This post... ie. 35 salinity pens given away. If its 5,000 orders, you can really understand the odds.

Screenshot_20211127-175957_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211127-175957_Instagram.jpg

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They did start posting a few of the winners in the comments of the YouTube threads, but there’s been nothing for days. Does that mean that they haven’t given anything out for several days?

I assume this giveaway comes under the sweepstake banner, in which case there are federal regulations that they should be following. These include publishing terms and conditions and having a ‘no purchase necessary’ option.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did start posting a few of the winners in the comments of the YouTube threads, but there’s been nothing for days. Does that mean that they haven’t given anything out for several days?

I assume this giveaway comes under the sweepstake banner, in which case there are federal regulations that they should be following. These include publishing terms and conditions and having a ‘no purchase necessary’ option.
LOL. No purchase necessary when they explicitly state that they are taking the 10 coupons out of the box and replacing it with the free gear.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it disappointing that people complain and get disgruntled about not winning a free gift. It’s all for fun. Nobody is being misled if they are being realistic about their chances. I’m sure a lot of people are excited to get something for nothing.

I’m sure all the frustrated non-winners are going to be upset at my post. I apologize if I have caused you further frustration, just sharing my thoughts. I won’t be back to this thread. I didn’t win either but I’m sure my name will be drawn tomorrow night for the dream tank!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not complaining about not winning, I'm complaining about the way that the 'giveaway' has been organised.

I fully expect not to win, but I at least expect to be eligible for the giveaways that I was told I would be. I'm not convinced that happened and there is no accountability.

LOL. No purchase necessary when they explicitly state that they are taking the 10 coupons out of the box and replacing it with the free gear.

So it is possible for me to be given (I won't say win) a big ticket item without making a purchase?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chance of winning anything is small. Definitely do not place an order (or multiple orders) just because you want to win something. Even the $10 card means you have to place yet another order and pay shipping if not over $49.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back