Season 10 Black Friday Starts Today! Dream Reef, $740,000 in Gifts, & the Sale is On!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Boosterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was glad to win something out of many orders I placed during this black friday giveaway. Thanks @Bulk Reef Supply !

KakaoTalk_20211206_132408676_01.jpg
KakaoTalk_20211206_132408676_02.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211201_162144.jpg

So I ordered 2 things one of which I had to return because I recieved a duplicate from my secret Santa, that gift also had a bonus attached. I asked if I needed to return the gift that came with item I had to return as I was willing to do so and they said no. I am never one to brag and I have never recieved anything from them in the past. The fact that they even do this is a genius marketing plan and has happened every year. I guess I don't understand what all the whining is about. If you don't like the way they do things then don't play. I never expect to win anything and honestly would have been happy with the 10$ coupon. I guess I am just lucky for being positive and thankful that I have the ability and means to participate in such a wonderful hobby.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that some of you are missing your $10 card. If you reach out to our customer service team, we'll make sure to get you one!

Me too (unless I'm still expecting a prize to arrive).

I'm not surprised as a couple of my orders had the coupon just inside the top flap with nothing holding it in.

20211201_162144.jpg

So I ordered 2 things one of which I had to return because I recieved a duplicate from my secret Santa, that gift also had a bonus attached. I asked if I needed to return the gift that came with item I had to return as I was willing to do so and they said no. I am never one to brag and I have never recieved anything from them in the past. The fact that they even do this is a genius marketing plan and has happened every year. I guess I don't understand what all the whining is about. If you don't like the way they do things then don't play. I never expect to win anything and honestly would have been happy with the 10$ coupon. I guess I am just lucky for being positive and thankful that I have the ability and means to participate in such a wonderful hobby.

So I am right in saying that you got a free gift on a order that you returned, whilst others got nothing, and you can't understand what the whining is about?

Again I will say, I am not upset about not winning, I am annoyed at the debacle in which this sweepstake was run. I don't like the way they do things, hence why I am not playing any more.

Last edited:

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My final post on this subject (but I will continue to follow it up offline).

I did email BRS about my missing coupon card but did not receive a response.

Now this is going to sound like a whinge and I’m not losing sleep over this, but I have just received an order that did have a gift in it. However, it was a relatively low value gift that is of little use to me (a screen top feeding cover). This would be fine except that these gifts were given out on a day that I didn’t place an order, which presumably means that I wasn’t eligible for the ‘gift’ that I was ordering to be considered for. Also, as they remove the gift cards from the box, I’m now left with a low value gift that I can’t use, versus a $10 coupon card that I could use!!

First world problems for sure, but proof to me that this gimmick is just that.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My final post on this subject (but I will continue to follow it up offline).

I did email BRS about my missing coupon card but did not receive a response.

Now this is going to sound like a whinge and I’m not losing sleep over this, but I have just received an order that did have a gift in it. However, it was a relatively low value gift that is of little use to me (a screen top feeding cover). This would be fine except that these gifts were given out on a day that I didn’t place an order, which presumably means that I wasn’t eligible for the ‘gift’ that I was ordering to be considered for. Also, as they remove the gift cards from the box, I’m now left with a low value gift that I can’t use, versus a $10 coupon card that I could use!!

First world problems for sure, but proof to me that this gimmick is just that.
HEY. There are dehydrated reefers in Africa that would be THANKFUL for a screen top feeding cover that they could not use.

Ok...my mom's tirade about eating my succotash when I was younger doesnt quite work for reefing.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just tried to use the coupons before tonight's expiry date.

4 of the 5 cards that I had were invalid so I've lost $40. :mad: Unfortunately it has got to the stage with BRS that I'm not surprised.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I threw mine out yesterday. I thought it expired today but it turns out it expired in November.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There’s all sorts of problems with the site tonight. Some of the items I was trying to buy might have been MAP restricted (which in itself is a joke) but some weren’t (e.g. BRS additives). They seem to have started working on their own now so I have managed to use them on stuff I didn’t really want or need.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back