Sebae clown trying to host coral

WARz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alveopora is no longer fully extending since one of my clowns decided to host it. It was always open tall and beautiful, now it opens, but no extension. Will it get use to the clownfish? I'm new to reefing and don't think I'm ready for an anemone.

NightmareReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clownfish that began hosting in my sinularia. Coral hated it initially and still mostly isn’t happy but it seems to be getting used to it.

CA8A4D89-061F-46B9-92C9-8326551839BC.jpeg 70187E54-A265-4D9F-974A-519C40A7C95B.jpeg

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alveopora is no longer fully extending since one of my clowns decided to host it. It was always open tall and beautiful, now it opens, but no extension. Will it get use to the clownfish? I'm new to reefing and don't think I'm ready for an anemone.
Clowns can be quite brutal to the corals that they host. Anemones/soft corals adjust and are more capable of enduring the abuse due to lack of a skeleton. LPS corals tends to take the treatment a lot harder, and are usually less capable of enduring the abuse. This is all dependent on size and type of LPS coral though, and I’m definitely not an expert on these things but that’s as far as I know... With all of that in mind, its also important to know that clowns won’t always host anemones. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won’t. So even with the addition of an anemone, it may still pick your alevopora.

Based on reading all the posts and all, anemones can be a little intimidating. But I’ve kept one for a little over a month now and they’re very easy to care for. They do all the work for you, and will choose a spot best suited to them in terms of light/flow. I love mine! Keeping LPS is more of a challenge lol

OP
OP
WARz

WARz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I added some large shells to my tank. The clown is now using one of those as the host.

15915782911837601122082464608095.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back