Second times the charm! (I hope) — RedSea Reefer-S 850 G2

Etto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! It’s actually really good and I wouldn’t change it anytime soon. It’s accurate, good looking, and silent. Easy to dial in too.

I’m using 4 Radion XR40 G6 blues
I'm trying to decide on likes at the moment and leaning towards Radion. How did you decide on the Blues over the Pros?

Nice build.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Did you use their standard adaptive reef stand or a custom made ? If so what height.
It’s a stand I found in my LFS. It’s acrylic stand and I had to drill it in the center which was a pain becuase there was a middle section it had as support I had to cut through too. It’s around 14” high or 35.56cm high.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide on likes at the moment and leaning towards Radion. How did you decide on the Blues over the Pros?

Nice build.
I saw the blues in person and loved them. They have a very deep blue I personally find really attractive. For coral wise tho, that would depend on what you plan on stocking. I have a mixed reef so the blues were perfect. If you like a more white and natural look then the pros would be your best option. I’ll also add there’s a reason why the blues sold out drastically faster than the pros lol

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
314A9685-7E7E-43DC-8FCC-54672F0A5C89.jpeg
2AB3A009-ED64-47A1-B620-A509ADF90722.jpeg

Update! Side cabinet is built and the doors are ordered directly from Red Sea to match the tank :) I also got the Royal Exclusiv doser containers becuase I thought they were pretty enough to show on the outside. The trident is going inside the stand, but it’s a rats nest in there until I can get a custom board from Adaptive Reef hopefully sometime soon. I also chose to “hard plumb” the Versa’s tubes lol becuase I wanted a very clean look and I’m pretty proud how they came out.
Wow, literally looks like a store display. That is awesome!

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build !! I am about to pull a trigger on the same tank !
How do you like a double sump ?
would you rather have one larger sump?

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build !! I am about to pull a trigger on the same tank !
How do you like a double sump ?
would you rather have one larger sump?
I love the double sump. It’s the main reason I went for this one over the 750. It has a couple different uses that you don’t normally get with a single sump system. You can use it as a reservoir, a separate tank altogether, a coral hospital, you can hook up a light and use it as a refugium too! It has a wall in the middle you can remove which adds even more uses. Honestly, it’s pretty great.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all the time I spent trying to justify not adding the pax after replacing it with a Clearwater algae scrubber I’ve decided to add both! My algae problem is becoming a headache and in my old tank I never had an algae problem becuase of the scrubber. Now this system is twice as big so it requires twice the solution. Looks really good too!
IMG_4297.jpeg

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4338.jpeg
here’s a picture of the aquascape :) I just cleaned it so there’s debris floating around sorry (and I have a cyano problem ugh)

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2758EE3-6EAF-4C14-BACA-AAFD0BBF620B.jpeg

Finally done with the sump area. Sooooo much work my back and legs are killing me!! My only last addition is a towel rack next to the battery backup on the right. Just to fill in the space.
Epic design and plumbing. I am getting same tank and planning to use similar manifold design. Can you share how you split return and manifold. My plan is to use to return pump , one strait to the tank and one split with manifold. I understand Red Sea uses metric 25mm return line so i wonder how to split this with regular 1"pipe.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epic design and plumbing. I am getting same tank and planning to use similar manifold design. Can you share how you split return and manifold. My plan is to use to return pump , one strait to the tank and one split with manifold. I understand Red Sea uses metric 25mm return line so i wonder how to split this with regular 1"pipe.
Thanks! I used 2 Vectras. A vectra M2 for the manifold and a vectra L2 for the tank (though I’ve been considering flipping them). The manifold uses standard measurements. I used 1” all throughout the manifold until I got to the equipment, from then on I switched to many different sizes. As for the tank, Red Sea provides an adapter that lets you connect tubing which I used. The added flexibility, even short, is a plus.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4609.jpeg
I finally have the rock scape I’ve been wanting for a while now. Finding the right rocks was harder than I thought and even still I’m missing one more floral ceramic decorative rock for the left side becuase my LFS ran out of them. (I just added those rocks btw so some corals are closed) :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4609.jpeg
I finally have the rock scape I’ve been wanting for a while now. Finding the right rocks was harder than I thought and even still I’m missing one more floral ceramic decorative rock for the left side
I know the feeling!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back