Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8480DDFB-7629-450C-B9B0-06F8E9E4CAA9.jpeg
7916D66E-4FFC-45D9-B65E-9B32FA58E879.jpeg
Aaaand here’s where I am now! Aquascaping. Even tho I haven’t touched the cables in the sump, I couldn’t wait and added sand and rocks becuase I should’ve been smarter and started my cycle the day I got the tank.Better late than never!
Here’s my dosing setup for my coral colors program. Wanted to dose the additives directly into the return so they don’t get immediately skimmed out.

Attachments

• D874EE06-F3B6-4477-B182-9EE6657626C7.jpeg
    D874EE06-F3B6-4477-B182-9EE6657626C7.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 147

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
780EF706-DC22-41C7-9636-444721629271.jpeg
For the slide out panel, I decided to make it Ecotech centric and put my Versa’s, MP40 controllers (not Vectras), and the battery backup. No cable management just yet.
Going through this now as well and trying to decide how best to do cable management. Do you think this panel is meant to be drilled through to hide the cords? That's my current debate. Do you plan to try that?

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going through this now as well and trying to decide how best to do cable management. Do you think this panel is meant to be drilled through to hide the cords? That's my current debate. Do you plan to try that?
I considered this idea, but ultimately decided to order a custom panel from Adaptive Reef. I’m very excited to see what he cooks up when he gets to it!

UPDATE EDIT: too expensive for me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished it today

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5CC4DE0F-277B-42FB-9351-AB0633808551.jpeg

This Ecotech control panel has my fingers full of cuts and scrapes. I hated this so much, but it’s outcome for someone who’s never done this, made me very happy! Next up: cable control in the back. F92713C8-FD18-4FCB-BB78-4E92C9E0AB8F.jpeg

Last edited:

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5CC4DE0F-277B-42FB-9351-AB0633808551.jpeg

This Ecotech control panel has my fingers full of cuts and scrapes. I hated this so much, but it’s outcome for some who’s never done this, made me very happy! Next up: cable control in the back.
This looks great, how did you route the cords out of view? E.g. I have a lot of wires hanging down from my mp40 controllers as well. Did you drill through the board? I tried doing that and it didn't go through but I was afraid to really push it.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks great, how did you route the cords out of view? E.g. I have a lot of wires hanging down from my mp40 controllers as well. Did you drill through the board? I tried doing that and it didn't go through but I was afraid to really push it.
Thank you, yes I drilled a hole and opened up the controllers so I could push the cable thru. The whole has to be a good size for all the cables to fit. I made multiple mistakes with it and had to open 3 holes next to each other and then file it to make it into a square all becuase I didn’t have the right tool.under the MP40 controllers there’s a track and at the end of the track is where the square hole is.

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, yes I drilled a hole and opened up the controllers so I could push the cable thru. The whole has to be a good size for all the cables to fit. I made multiple mistakes with it and had to open 3 holes next to each other and then file it to make it into a square all becuase I didn’t have the right tool.under the MP40 controllers there’s a track and at the end of the track is where the square hole is.
Thank you! Did you just use a standard drill then?

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
88A29B5E-8475-4EBB-8683-ADE9D83EB984.jpeg

My progress so far with my extension sump area. Tell me what you think! Also, the cables will be hidden once I’m done and the RO tubes will be much neater. (I hate the sight of cables)

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
99% done with the sump area. My last thing to install are the new apex probes, 2 Vectra controllers in the ceiling of the cabinet, and a Teco TK-2000 chiller in the Apex cabinet I had custom built to match the aquarium stand. Can’t wait to show it off to you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_5219.MOV
    57.5 MB
OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6D960461-FC43-4354-89B8-AC0B1C621893.jpeg
Major update. I removed the Pax Bellum from my system in favor of the Clearwater algae scrubber. Honestly, I didn’t want the Clearwater, but after having to simulate what servicing the Pax would be like, I was having a very unpleasant time. I can see the appeal if it were outside but I don’t have the luxury of space for that. The Clearwater one was too expensive for what it is and I cringed at how overpriced it was. Regardless, the CW is MUCH easier to service and fit like a glove. I also moved the skimmer to the extension sump and I’m happy with it there.

next up: custom cabinet for apex and chiller!

Last edited:

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major update. I removed the Pax Bellum from my system in favor of the Clearwater algae scrubber. Honestly, I didn’t want the Clearwater, but after having to simulate what servicing it would be like, I was having a very unpleasant time. I can see the appeal if it were outside but I don’t have the luxury of space for that. The Clearwater one was too expensive for what it is and I cringed at how overpriced it was. Regardless, the CW is MUCH easier to service and fit like a glove. I also moved the skimmer to the extension sump and I’m happy with it there.

I just wanna say, this is one of the cleanest, sharpest looking sump/cabinet setups I've ever seen. I know you put a ton of work into setting this up and it shows. Well done!

I ended up using the bonus sump as an ATO in my 850 G2 which forced me to put my skimmer (same Aeraqua Duo btw!) where you've got your scrubber. I'm a little jealous of how you have your skimmer in the bonus sump.

I'm sorry if you answered this earlier in the thread but what did you end up doing for an ATO setup?

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanna say, this is one of the cleanest, sharpest looking sump/cabinet setups I've ever seen. I know you put a ton of work into setting this up and it shows. Well done!

I ended up using the bonus sump as an ATO in my 850 G2 which forced me to put my skimmer (same Aeraqua Duo btw!) where you've got your scrubber. I'm a little jealous of how you have your skimmer in the bonus sump.

I'm sorry if you answered this earlier in the thread but what did you end up doing for an ATO setup?
Thank you soo much!! Honestly was beginning to think it was a bad setup since nobody said anything about it haha. Means a lot!

as for the ATO, I’m planning on running a line outside since I’m very close to a wall and program my apex to refill it automatically with my RO/DI unit. Outside is the best becuase I wouldn’t have to worry if it by chance did end up overfilling. That, plus it wouldn’t have to be a super expensive container. A 30 gallon jug locked in a storage container from Amazon would look sharp. I absolutely HATE wires and I tried my hardest to hide every single one. If you end up seeing a wire, I just haven’t gotten to it yet haha!

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cali, I got an XL300 but want bigger someday.
Beautiful state. Beautiful tank too! That’s what I was originally going to get before this one, but I found a larger space that worked better so I went for a larger system. Is it your first big tank?

Roughneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major update. I removed the Pax Bellum from my system in favor of the Clearwater algae scrubber. Honestly, I didn’t want the Clearwater, but after having to simulate what servicing it would be like, I was having a very unpleasant time. I can see the appeal if it were outside but I don’t have the luxury of space for that. The Clearwater one was too expensive for what it is and I cringed at how overpriced it was. Regardless, the CW is MUCH easier to service and fit like a glove. I also moved the skimmer to the extension sump and I’m happy with it there.

This setup achieved a Legendary status 10/10!!! I was on the verge on pulling the plug on a 750G2, but with all the recent horror stories I'm considering saving a little more and also getting a S-850 for the peace of mind. Will definitely use some inspiration from your setup.

Do you have a picture of the full setup to see the front face of your rockscape.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back