OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’
This setup achieved a Legendary status 10/10!!! I was on the verge on pulling the plug on a 750G2, but with all the recent horror stories I'm considering saving a little more and also getting a S-850 for the peace of mind. Will definitely use some inspiration from your setup.

Do you have a picture of the full setup to see the front face of your rockscape.
you're too kind! Thank you :) right now I don’t becuase there’s a huge table of stuff in front of the tank and I have limited room to take a full pic of the whole system. + my lights aren’t installed yet so you can’t really see anything with the murky water due to cycling.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
314A9685-7E7E-43DC-8FCC-54672F0A5C89.jpeg
2AB3A009-ED64-47A1-B620-A509ADF90722.jpeg

Update! Side cabinet is built and the doors are ordered directly from Red Sea to match the tank :) I also got the Royal Exclusiv doser containers becuase I thought they were pretty enough to show on the outside. The trident is going inside the stand, but it’s a rats nest in there until I can get a custom board from Adaptive Reef hopefully sometime soon. I also chose to “hard plumb” the Versa’s tubes lol becuase I wanted a very clean look and I’m pretty proud how they came out.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :)
I noticed you mentioned wanting it to look like a pc setup, I'm assuming along with reefing you build pc's as well? Asking because these are basically my only two hobbies these days. I've always thought these two hobbies went well together. Bet you could build a nice custom loop pc too. This tank looks better than any pc I e ever seen tho:)

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m more of a console guy. My brother has a PC and I usually get PC builds recommended to me on tiktok or Instagram and they always look clean with cool lights. I wanted a zero [visible] cable build that looks high tech and sophisticated. My first big tank was a mess and I was never good with plumbing or wire management. I really wanted to go above and beyond with this one.
I noticed you mentioned wanting it to look like a pc setup, I'm assuming along with reefing you build pc's as well? Asking because these are basically my only two hobbies these days. I've always thought these two hobbies went well together. Bet you could build a nice custom loop pc too. This tank looks better than any pc I e ever seen tho:)

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an update. Very VERY close to finishing this area. Just need to do some wire management behind the tank so you can’t see any thru the top and bottom cut-outs. Need to connect the ozone generator to the dryer and skimmer, but the skimmer’s ozone conversion kit has not arrived yet. The tank is up and running and I do have corals and a couple fish! The chiller is installed and my favorite part is you can’t even tell since it’s plumbing is hidden :) my next thing to plumb is the new Deltec kalkstirrer! It’s very pretty and looks very nice in person with the red Co2 canister behind it. It’s already connected to a Versa and just need to connect the other input of the versa to my reservoir. The panel slides in and out the cabinet and there are no wires or RO lines, just acrylic tubes which I find better looking. Hope ya’ll like!! Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

• 7869D697-0FF1-451F-892F-9765621E3961.jpeg
    7869D697-0FF1-451F-892F-9765621E3961.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 25911022-A6D9-4468-B961-F0F4CA0C3940.jpeg
    25911022-A6D9-4468-B961-F0F4CA0C3940.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to post a video of the finished product but can’t figure it out lol

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2758EE3-6EAF-4C14-BACA-AAFD0BBF620B.jpeg

Finally done with the sump area. Sooooo much work my back and legs are killing me!! My only last addition is a towel rack next to the battery backup on the right. Just to fill in the space.

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2758EE3-6EAF-4C14-BACA-AAFD0BBF620B.jpeg

Finally done with the sump area. Sooooo much work my back and legs are killing me!! My only last addition is a towel rack next to the battery backup on the right. Just to fill in the space.
As someone getting ready to purchase an S-850, your setup is a huge inspiration!! Could you share more about how you built the separate cabinet? I'd love to do something similar but I'm not sure where to start.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone getting ready to purchase an S-850, your setup is a huge inspiration!! Could you share more about how you built the separate cabinet? I'd love to do something similar but I'm not sure where to start.
I actually had it ordered from a local custom furniture builder. The doors were directly ordered from Red Sea to keep the color and size consistent. Once I had the doors, I asked the designer to make it as similar to the original cabinet as possible with the same dimensions and I couldn’t be happier with the results! Having the original Red Sea doors helped him a lot.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup looks great. What lights are you using, and how's the new valve from Red Sea holding up?
Thank you!! It’s actually really good and I wouldn’t change it anytime soon. It’s accurate, good looking, and silent. Easy to dial in too.

I’m using 4 Radion XR30 G6 blues

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build looks really good, curious to know if theirs any updates to it!!
Yes! Sorry I got busy with other things. I have no fish right now but lots of corals. I’m still trying to find the best setup for these rocks tho haha

Dinukb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup. I have the same tank and thinking of moving into the clear water scruber. What model do you have and is their enough clearance to remove the screen.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup. I have the same tank and thinking of moving into the clear water scruber. What model do you have and is their enough clearance to remove the screen.
Thank you. Yes there’s enough clearance. I put it next to the return chamber on a stand. It’s very efficient!
EDIT: it’s the CW-200 V2

Last edited:

Dinukb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Did you use their standard adaptive reef stand or a custom made ? If so what height.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back