Secret Santa 2019 Gift show off thread

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So we had a little hiccup for the past couple weeks. Wife ended up in the hospital with preeclampsia the week before Xmas and things have been crazy ever since. I wasn't able to get my gifts in the mail to my person but i had Santa reach out and let them know they're coming. I just have to get them in the mail after the craziness calms down. My recipient is amazing and totally understands. Has even been through a similar situation herself 22 years ago wink wink ;);)

So we welcomed our 4th child into this world on Wed the 18th, and despite being 8 weeks early, he is healthy. I got my boy finally! For Christmas no less! I have 3 girls and we waited to find out the sex on this one till arrival. We spent the next week in the hospital but managed to get the wife home in the afternoon so we could still salvage a somewhat normal Christmas for the girls. It just sucked not being able to have the whole family together as little William will be spending some time in the nicu.

I finally opened my gifts from my Santa. You know who you are :) and your generosity rounded out an absolutely amazing although insane holiday. These were the only gifts I had under the tree and they're all things I've been needing. You helped me get my calcium reactor online and the Hanna kit has already been used a dozen times while I dial everything in. I was also out of coral food and aminos. I'm looking forward to repaying your generosity and helping you get your nem tank filled. Thanks bud you're a class act!

This was my first ss on r2r and just want to say even though it's not over on my end, it was such an enjoyable experience and made the Christmas holiday so joyful. I made some amazing friends and I think that's the greatest part in all of this regardless of what you were able to spend or received. I think it brought a bunch of strangers with a common interest closer together. Outside of my wife and children my r2r family is the closest thing I've ever had to an extended family and I love you all. I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I and that it brought everyone as much joy as it did for me and my family.

From the Wohlers family we wish everyone and your families a happy and safe holiday!!

20191228_173350.jpg 20191228_173350.jpg 20191228_171203.jpg Message_1576805858996.jpeg 20191207_225755.jpg
Made me so happy I had tears of happiness running down my face as I read your post aloud to my wife.. Congrats on your new little "frag"!!

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Made me so happy I had tears of happiness running down my face as I read your post aloud to my wife.. Congrats on your new little "frag"!!

Thank you my friend! Reasons like that is why I love you guys. Everyone I've met here over the past couple years is amazing. You guys are some of the most caring and compassionate people I've met in my life and love that I have a place here with such wonderful friends. Happy New Year to you and your family bud.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Congratulations @Will Wohlers !!! What an awesome gift!

Thank you! Both my son and my reefing gear were great gifts :D

Funny I just knew God was gonna give me another daughter as some twisted joke to officially outnumber me with no hope of ever changing that (this is our last I'm getting fixed lol). He had mercy on me and the skewed numbers that were far from my favor. I think my wife is more excited then me. I've got 3 daddy's girls (although the older 2 are adopted half sisters I'm all they know as a father) so I'm thinking he's gonna be mommas.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you! Both my son and my reefing gear were great gifts :D

Funny I just knew God was gonna give me another daughter as some twisted joke to officially outnumber me with no hope of ever changing that (this is our last I'm getting fixed lol). He had mercy on me and the skewed numbers that were far from my favor. I think my wife is more excited then me. I've got 3 daddy's girls (although the older 2 are adopted half sisters I'm all they know as a father) so I'm thinking he's gonna be mommas.
A mommas boy... So long as daddy teaches reefing...

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
So we had a little hiccup for the past couple weeks. Wife ended up in the hospital with preeclampsia the week before Xmas and things have been crazy ever since. I wasn't able to get my gifts in the mail to my person but i had Santa reach out and let them know they're coming. I just have to get them in the mail after the craziness calms down. My recipient is amazing and totally understands. Has even been through a similar situation herself 22 years ago wink wink ;);)

So we welcomed our 4th child into this world on Wed the 18th, and despite being 8 weeks early, he is healthy. I got my boy finally! For Christmas no less! I have 3 girls and we waited to find out the sex on this one till arrival. We spent the next week in the hospital but managed to get the wife home in the afternoon so we could still salvage a somewhat normal Christmas for the girls. It just sucked not being able to have the whole family together as little William will be spending some time in the nicu.

I finally opened my gifts from my Santa. You know who you are :) and your generosity rounded out an absolutely amazing although insane holiday. These were the only gifts I had under the tree and they're all things I've been needing. You helped me get my calcium reactor online and the Hanna kit has already been used a dozen times while I dial everything in. I was also out of coral food and aminos. I'm looking forward to repaying your generosity and helping you get your nem tank filled. Thanks bud you're a class act!

This was my first ss on r2r and just want to say even though it's not over on my end, it was such an enjoyable experience and made the Christmas holiday so joyful. I made some amazing friends and I think that's the greatest part in all of this regardless of what you were able to spend or received. I think it brought a bunch of strangers with a common interest closer together. Outside of my wife and children my r2r family is the closest thing I've ever had to an extended family and I love you all. I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I and that it brought everyone as much joy as it did for me and my family.

From the Wohlers family we wish everyone and your families a happy and safe holiday!!

20191228_173350.jpg 20191228_173350.jpg 20191228_171203.jpg Message_1576805858996.jpeg 20191207_225755.jpg

Congrats Will! Is he the II or Jr.? I’m William II and my son is William III and he has 3 sisters too! Plus the older 2 are Half Sisters/my step daughters. Dude!

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Congrats Will! Is he the II or Jr.? I’m William II and my son is William III and he has 3 sisters too! Plus the older 2 are Half Sisters/my step daughters. Dude!

That's amazing! William has been a long standing family name for both my wife and I. He's not going to be a II or a jr unfortunately as it's the wife's turn to pick the middle name. We haven't decided on his middle name (she hasn't figured it out yet :oops:) so I guess there's still hope. I keep telling her if she doesn't hurry up and figure it out I'm just gonna go ahead and name him William Luke Sky Wohlers :cool:

Eclyps19

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh my god my secret santa is so amazing. Good things come to those who wait, I guess... just received my package!

1577726857840.png

I have a new Red Sea Reefer 525 XL that I've had running for a few months now and mentioned that I'll be setting up a fuge soon. A friggin H80 TUNA FLORA AND MOUNT was far more than I was expecting! And a Hanna P04 Tester!? I'm dying! And after that big Cherry Corals sale over the weekend, I DEFINITELY needed this coral rack. All of this will be put to good use. Thank you SO MUCH secret santa!!!!!! This community is so amazing.

//Edit: Ahhhhh! This coral caddy is a portable frag holder! Even cooler! I'll probably be hitting up a big show in lansing in a few weeks, so this is PERFECT!

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The package that was 'lost in transit' showed up ripped (and re-taped) and the contents stolen or lost. I got a great frag rack though so it's all good but I feel bad as it sounded like my Secret Santa put some work into this making a theme and such.

I filmed myself opening it as it was so obvious it was empty. I am hopeful maybe my SS can at least get his money back with the video or something. It was in a priority box which has insurance but I know getting a refund from USPS probably isn't easy although it was obviously missing for days in their system.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
That's amazing! William has been a long standing family name for both my wife and I. He's not going to be a II or a jr unfortunately as it's the wife's turn to pick the middle name. We haven't decided on his middle name (she hasn't figured it out yet :oops:) so I guess there's still hope. I keep telling her if she doesn't hurry up and figure it out I'm just gonna go ahead and name him William Luke Sky Wohlers :cool:

That’s awesome, I say go for it! We almost named our youngest daughter Rey. My wife was on board too but somehow we settled with Juliet. We refer to her as Boss Baby though because she runs the house. Enjoy that little guy, God has blessed you for sure.

Back on topic now!

FD9427DC-55AD-4570-A36B-5F9BED3B382A.jpeg

aquapaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Very happy everyone is doing well and he is a nice addition to the family Will. Have a happy new year!!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back