Secret Santa 2019 Gift show off thread

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Big or small, the fact that anyone goes out of their way to do this is a great thing. Some can afford to do more than others, but the fact that you’re doing this in the first place is what makes the participants and this site great.
The package I sent arrived today.
Enjoy your gifts my person!

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Nope, sorry - I'VE got the best SS! My west coast gifter (from California) is not only generous, but creative and thoughtful, too! All kinds of great items, and the postage alone on the box was over $15! I'm grateful, of course, but geez, shipping costs have really gotten out of control! I got brine shrimp eggs and an egg hatchery for my seahorses, candy (for me), an adorable Christmas tree wine stopper (for me) and the most beautiful seascape LED lighting. Bling for my tank! Since the theme for the bathroom I'm remodeling is going to be ocean/sea stuff I think they are going to be hung in there, but for now, they look so nice on the tank that is cycling!

West coast Santa: thank you so much for all the thought, energy and money you put into my gifts - you'll never know how much you brightened my day!
Sue

IMG_1086.jpg IMG_1089.jpg

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
So is everyone revealing who they are to the person that they’re gifting or keeping it a mystery? This is my first year so I’m trying to figure this out.

Every time I check this thread I’m totally blown away by the love from the R2R community. It’s inspired me to add more and more to my package. Thank you all for making something so simple into something so special.

Last edited:

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Well I'm crazy happy with my SS I honestly didnt expect a whole lot but 4 days ago I got 40 lbs of base rock more than I could ask for and I really wanted it. I was overly grateful but I really needed a couple test kits so cyber monday the wife and I are buying a bunch of stuff on Amazon and I add it to the cart. Before I went to pay UPS pull up at nine at night with the exact salifert kit I had in basket. Both weird, what I wanted and that late of drop off but awesome. I was sure it was over but nope 3rd day I get more a bag of plugs and a propagation kit! Didnt even think of the kit but such a better way of doing it then I ever have. Anyhow my 3 days of christmas made my month! Probably my favorite gifts since no one else I know understands the hobby or wants to spend that much lol. Thank you very much and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!
A little update yes I had a 4th day of Christmas a box of full sleeves disposable gloves, a grounding post a bottle of purple corraline algae in a bottle. Once I got started posting what I wanted I just kept going to make a list of all the things I would need that way they had more to choose from... well my SS pretty well did the entire list. I'm so happy thanks again. Yeah my wife let me use the tree before we put anything under it for the kids.
20191208_173937.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back