Secret Santa 2019 Gift show off thread

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
May it be noted that I will definitely start shopping for random reef things way beforehand next year so I don’t look so bad. My person is apparently disappointed. Off to Amazon to fulfill some more of their wishes.
I noticed some of this last year as well and it is why I didnt participate. I didn't want to feel like you are feeling now so I just donated more to the toy drive. They will definitely appreciate a gift.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
May it be noted that I will definitely start shopping for random reef things way beforehand next year so I don’t look so bad. My person is apparently disappointed. Off to Amazon to fulfill some more of their wishes.
Just got a notification that my second gift was received by my recipient. I am so stoked to be in a position to give some gifts. I participated in the SS to give, not receive. Tis the season of GIVING. That is what this is all about. I feel a bit sad that there may be those that are disappointed in what they received or did not receive. That is not what this is about nor is it what R2R is about. If I receive nothing from my Secret Santa, I couldn't be happier with what I sent to my recipient in the spirit of giving. That is the real satisfaction in participating. I can understand as R2R grows, there will be those individuals that frequented the "other" reef forum and bring that same attitude over here. Squeaky, you took time and effort and I am stoked for your recipient even if they are not. Peace.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m usually generous, but I almost dropped out. I had a horse die right before names were drawn and hiring someone to dig through 6 ft of frozen ground to bury her put a damper on every plan I had. I bought for my SS first. I will hopefully be going shopping for my own family this Friday when (God willing) my husband and I go down to Utah replace our van that we have been fighting my insurance about since April. I forgive my person and being a mom, I understand kids aren’t the most understanding nor grateful people.

I’m glad I didn’t drop out. My secret Santa has been a blessing this year and I hope to be able to pay It forward next year when I hopefully won’t have to drop an unexpected several thousand on life. Lol

bigredreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
I got my secret Santa gift in today and am so thankful for the great gifts that I received!!! I got food, coral dip, frag plugs, activated carbon, more food and a Hanna salinity checker. Such a great community we have here ! Can’t wait for next year!
6EA5E736-C8CD-4306-9F25-0DDB2DA8E213.jpeg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just got a notification that my second gift was received by my recipient. I am so stoked to be in a position to give some gifts. I participated in the SS to give, not receive. Tis the season of GIVING. That is what this is all about. I feel a bit sad that there may be those that are disappointed in what they received or did not receive. That is not what this is about nor is it what R2R is about. If I receive nothing from my Secret Santa, I couldn't be happier with what I sent to my recipient in the spirit of giving. That is the real satisfaction in participating. I can understand as R2R grows, there will be those individuals that frequented the "other" reef forum and bring that same attitude over here. Squeaky, you took time and effort and I am stoked for your recipient even if they are not. Peace.

well said

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
That camera is awesome. I never noticed some of the things going on with those SPS cause I never saw them but with naked eye. First pic is just from camera, 2nd with color filter and third is with macro lens. All I can say is Thank you very much Secret Santa! AWESOME!!! More pics will be posted on my build thread now that I can put some nice shots out there.
thumbnail_IMG_7505.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7506.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7507.jpg

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
I LOVE following this thread and seeing all the Christmas cheer that is being spread!!! I do want to say for anyone who is feeling pressure to do more than you are able because you're seeing some of the other gifts, please don't. The gift minimum was set at $20 to try to make this accessible to anyone who wanted to participate, and while some can do more and others can't, the spirit of giving and generosity is the same!! We're all spreading JOY! I am blessed by watching all of you and seeing the way that complete strangers are acting as a community to share the love and joy of Christmas with one another! Let's all focus on that!

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m usually generous, but I almost dropped out. I had a horse die right before names were drawn and hiring someone to dig through 6 ft of frozen ground to bury her put a damper on every plan I had. I bought for my SS first. I will hopefully be going shopping for my own family this Friday when (God willing) my husband and I go down to Utah replace our van that we have been fighting my insurance about since April. I forgive my person and being a mom, I understand kids aren’t the most understanding nor grateful people.

I’m glad I didn’t drop out. My secret Santa has been a blessing this year and I hope to be able to pay It forward next year when I hopefully won’t have to drop an unexpected several thousand on life. Lol
I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss. Our animals are a part of the family, no matter their size.

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
I LOVE following this thread and seeing all the Christmas cheer that is being spread!!! I do want to say for anyone who is feeling pressure to do more than you are able because you're seeing some of the other gifts, please don't. The gift minimum was set at $20 to try to make this accessible to anyone who wanted to participate, and while some can do more and others can't, the spirit of giving and generosity is the same!! We're all spreading JOY! I am blessed by watching all of you and seeing the way that complete strangers are acting as a community to share the love and joy of Christmas with one another! Let's all focus on that!
Go santa go!!!!!

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
$20! You told me all I get is $5!

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
That camera is awesome. I never noticed some of the things going on with those SPS cause I never saw them but with naked eye. First pic is just from camera, 2nd with color filter and third is with macro lens. All I can say is Thank you very much Secret Santa! AWESOME!!! More pics will be posted on my build thread now that I can put some nice shots out there.
thumbnail_IMG_7505.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7506.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7507.jpg
Great photos!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
thumbnail_IMG_7505.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7506.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7507.jpg
Better nab that aiptasia in the front right frag.

Back