Secret Santa 2019 Gift show off thread

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
So...

1. I've not seen many (any?) "homemade" gifts posted
2. My recipient has only reef-related items on their Wish List

So... I asked myself what a "normal" person would get for them.
And I answered myself without hesitation: NO IDEA because I'm far from normal. HA

I homemade something that's not on their Wish List!
I know, genius... right?

WHAT could go wrong??!

So you made a homemade skimmer?!? :)

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So, I was totally caught up in the fun of Secret Santa, carefully choosing my person's gifts with no thought of what I might receive. Then life happened. Or more accurately, death happened.

I've made it known that I'm crazy about cats. But I've had one little doggy for almost 17 years, a true friend and confidant that also loved cats. She had a stroke last Saturday after her bath. Unable to stand up as a result, I spent 2 days carrying her around, showing her the fish, feeding her liquids with a syringe, praying for her recovery. But another stroke hit her Monday evening while I was rocking her and she couldn't survive this latest assault. I've been inconsolable this whole week with a giant hole in my heart and in my life.

Then, on Tuesday, I get an email from Elster for a shipment for Thursday. Okay, I'm excited now and this feels therapeutic. It hasn't arrived yet, but I get an email this morning of a shipment coming from possibly BRS since it matches the location of previous shipments I've gotten from BRS. A second SS gift?? I feel like a kid again.

So I just want my Secret Santa to know that they have turned a crappy week into one of excitement and anticipation. It doesn't matter what they have sent. It could be a veggie clip. It's the spirit of Christmas and selflessness and love of all our reefing friends that matters. The healing has begun for me. Merry Christmas.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
So, I was totally caught up in the fun of Secret Santa, carefully choosing my person's gifts with no thought of what I might receive. Then life happened. Or more accurately, death happened.

I've made it known that I'm crazy about cats. But I've had one little doggy for almost 17 years, a true friend and confidant that also loved cats. She had a stroke last Saturday after her bath. Unable to stand up as a result, I spent 2 days carrying her around, showing her the fish, feeding her liquids with a syringe, praying for her recovery. But another stroke hit her Monday evening while I was rocking her and she couldn't survive this latest assault. I've been inconsolable this whole week with a giant hole in my heart and in my life.

Then, on Tuesday, I get an email from Elster for a shipment for Thursday. Okay, I'm excited now and this feels therapeutic. It hasn't arrived yet, but I get an email this morning of a shipment coming from possibly BRS since it matches the location of previous shipments I've gotten from BRS. A second SS gift?? I feel like a kid again.

So I just want my Secret Santa to know that they have turned a crappy week into one of excitement and anticipation. It doesn't matter what they have sent. It could be a veggie clip. It's the spirit of Christmas and selflessness and love of all our reefing friends that matters. The healing has begun for me. Merry Christmas.
I'm so sorry about your little dog-brought tears to my eyes. Hugs!

Jcagle09

BEE HAPPY!
View Badges
Reaction score
So...

And I answered myself without hesitation: NO IDEA because I'm far from normal. HA

I know, genius... right?

WHAT could go wrong??!
My recipient is receiving something homemade today. Well I already know it's at their house. They just dont know about it yet lol.

Jcagle09

BEE HAPPY!
View Badges
Reaction score

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. All pets hold a special place in our hearts. And I am also glad that your week is getting better. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So...

I know, genius... right?

WHAT could go wrong??!
I sent my person a couple homemade gifts along with some other things on their list! I don’t think they have received it yet

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss

LisaMarie

Addicted to Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score

So incredibly sorry for your loss.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My Secret Santa was so awesome, I just rushed home quick to pick up my package so it didn't get porch pirated but obviously I couldn't wait to open it. Just wow, He went above and beyond. Thank you so much for everything. The best part of the gift is gonna be the day at the range plinking .22 with my daughter and My girlfriend. Thank you from all of us and our tank thanks you as well!! Merry Christmas!
BURST20191212135845660_COVER.jpg

#SecretSanta2019

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Homemade stuff is awesome! Actually, all of this is awesome! I love the spirit of Christmas here!

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I'm really sorry for your loss :(

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
I got stuff! And my SS came through tremendously.
20191212_122852.jpg

Cookies, candy and a die cast model of my favorite car. I LOVE IT! I bit the heads off all the cat cookies ;)

And of course what gift is complete without this!
20191212_122859.jpg

And a lovely card that says more to come :D

Thank you SS! I love it!
He got a glitter bomb!

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My Secret Santa is obviously a very giving person as well as an awesome guy! He went the extra mile and then some, even including a personal handwritten note. He sent me:

A dimmable LED light for my refugium
Acropower
Frag plugs that look like coralline encrusted rocks to blend in with the aquascape
Super glue gel
Coral dip
Stuffed tiger (cuz kattkrazie)
Eco-friendly wood stickers for fun
Chocolate-covered cherries - my fav!

This would be any reefers dream gift box! Many thanks and love to @squaretwelve for his thoughtfulness. Yes, I'm going to out you because you're so incredible! Merry Christmas!

DC57FEF1-DF45-42CD-ABAF-3760AB3C31BF.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back