SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you find your secret Santa nickname? It only shows first and last and address
If they didn't add it in there, you can send them an anonymous question through elfster to ask and hopefully they see it. Or message Santa

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Names are drawn!! You all should have your matches in Elfster. You will have an email notifying you.

If you need help matching your recipient with their R2R username, just let me know. I'm happy to help!
I need some help I’m sending a pm I don’t think their nickname was even entered.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help I’m sending a pm I don’t think their nickname was even entered.

Click on their name/profile, and click send a message, it should have "send anonymously" checked at the bottom so it does not show who you are.

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if your match isn’t responding? I have no idea what my matches name is on reef2reef and I have no response.

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Tank space, biodiversity, everything ah!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Go to the beach, clean the tank, look at the tank... the tank.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Full time student, I guess finance (my major) & reefing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Homework! haha, youtube/twitch
  6. Do you collect anything? First real collection I'd say is coral
  7. What is your favorite color? Grey
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? HunterxHunter
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Such a hard question for me to answer, a lot of rap but it depends on the environment, same with just about all genres though. top 3, no order rap,edm,funky/acoustic covers of the first 2
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? TBLightning BOLTS!
  11. What's your favorite fish? my yellow watchman goby
  12. Favorite coral? Currently my new torch! one of first LPS
  13. Favorite invert? Tiger pistol shrimp, fav fish's buddy!
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Build thread is outdated (for now) but tank is 29G Aqueon mixed reef (Mystery Wrasse, Goby, 2 clowns)
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes! Second tank, much more to get in to!!!
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? 2 clowns that have bonded (Wyoming White/Midnight, "Yin & Yang"
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The sustainability! Growing up on the coast I love the idea of sustainable coral growing
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Filter media, anything to kind of supplement a tank, only operating a copepod culture & 29g tank (build thread more detailed) and 29g is about full hardware wise...live rock would be cool, coraline bottle, its a new mixed reef, im a newer mixed reefer haha anything at all would be extremely awesome
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yeah! Of course if its easy for gifter
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No! Super excited for this!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if your match isn’t responding? I have no idea what my matches name is on reef2reef and I have no response.

3d spin GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One thing I found is the nickname doesn’t show in the app. It only shows on the website. Even then, at least for me it only showed in google chrome and did not show in safari (if you’re viewing on mobile). But either way I had to go in to the elfster website to find the nickname (both to add it to my profile) and to find my persons username. I hope this helps some!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I wanted to say "I'm sorry!" to those of you who just got a duplicate PM from me. I was trying to send out the message to all of our Secret Santa participants, and goofed up and sent it twice (or perhaps 3 times :grimacing-face:) to some of you. My apologies! :D

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I wanted to say "I'm sorry!" to those of you who just got a duplicate PM from me. I was trying to send out the message to all of our Secret Santa participants, and goofed up and sent it twice to some of you. My apologies! :D

Santa had too much egg nog! I got 3 PM's lol :)

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:

1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? I need more trident reagents, nopox, chemi-pure blue, or phytoplankton
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hang with friends, watch NFL (fantasy), go to the beach.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? My hobbies include reef keeping, riding my onewheel, I also enjoy cooking although I’m just starting.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Sitting around my reef tank and watching youtube.
  6. Do you collect anything? Coral
  7. What is your favorite color? Navy blue or forest green.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? My favorite tv shows are stranger things and Wednesday on Netflix, I don’t really have a favorite movie, but I like mystery/action movies.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? I listen to multiple genres, my favorites include rap, country, and pop.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? I recently graduated from the University of South Carolina so of course I follow the gamecocks, I also follow the NFL buy I don’t have any specific team.
  11. What's your favorite fish? My favorite fish include tang/surgeonfish, reef-safe wrasses, and mandarin gobies.
  12. Favorite coral? All euphillia, acros, and zoas
  13. Favorite invert? Cleaner or fire shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a dual overflow 125G reef with a 29G sump that I will probably soon upgrade to a 40G when I have more space. I have a red sea reefmat 1200 and red sea RSK-600 as my filtration. I keep various reef safe fish although I am not looking to add any more. I do not have a build thread.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I plan to upgrade my sump size and lighting from 3 radion xr15s to something more powerful.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My favorite things to watch in my tank are my mandarin goby, leopard and paddlefin wrasse, and my coral sway.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I get really excited over adding new fish, new reefing gear (reefmat, apex, trident, etc.), or seeing my corals grow fast and color up.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) General gift ideas for me would include chemi-pure blue, red sea trace elements, hanna phosphate reagents, hanna high range nitrate checker, etc. I really need more Red Sea reefmat 1200 filter rolls and I would also be interested in an ATI ICP test
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I would be interested in receiving coral(acros, acans, zoas, euphillia), cleaner/fire shrimp, berghia nudibranch(aphasia), but I am not looking to add any fish at the moment.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) N/A

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back