SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

jasina1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
secret santa.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ho!! Thank you all for your patience while we worked out the details, but without further adieu...

Let's get this party started!! It's our 2022 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

We're getting a bit of a late start this year, but we're still going to have a blast spreading Christmas cheer!!!

NOTE: To those who have been part of our Secret Santa before, this one will be slightly different. I promise there are some good reasons for the changes, and we hope they will lead to a better experience over all.

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age (only exceptions to this will be participants who have been part of our Secret Santa before)
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (Suggested gift range is $25-$50. More on this below.)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register so that we can easily match you with your Secret Santa.*
  • The first matchup will take place on November 24th so that all of you eager Secret Santas can take advantage of Black Friday shopping. After this, matches will happen weekly through December 10th.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 17, 2022.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: This year's Secret Santa will have 2 groups for those outside the US: 1) Canadian participants, 2) other international participants. While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US or Canada.
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile as your nickname. This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift. Suggested gift range is $25-$50. You may give more, but be aware that you may not receive more than this amount.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, so I don't think it's a problem to ask. However, due to some situations we've run into before, we're making this a requirement. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. About Elfster wishlists: We're getting away from using these this year. Instead, we're asking each participant to make a more detailed profile and asking each Secret Santa to get a gift based on that profile. Our hope is that this will take some of the focus off of receiving and refocus us on giving and why we do this to begin with. We realize some of you may still enjoy making wish lists, and we're fine with you doing that, but know that your Secret Santa is being encouraged not to really look at that for gift giving this year.
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 17th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by the deadline, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
  6. Do you collect anything?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
  11. What's your favorite fish?
  12. Favorite coral?
  13. Favorite invert?
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

#R2RSecretSanta
So excited

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to give this another shot after a year off!

What country are you located in?
North Carolina USA

What is one thing you always need more of?
Reef Crystals, frozen fish food (rods/lrs nano)

What do you like to do on the weekends?
Film festivals, D&D, horror conventions, hiking, general adventuring

What are your other hobbies/interests?
Horror, comedy, general nerdy events

How do you relax after a long day at work?
Honestly either staring at/fiddling with the tank, playing Crusader Kings III, and watching YouTube content/wrestling/netflix

Do you collect anything?
My girlfriend collects rocks, so if you have cool rocks that would be dope. I also collect weird kitschy collectibles from strange destinations. Some examples: a mothman Christmas ornament, a clay cast replica of Audrey II from little shop of horrors, etc!

What is your favorite color?
Purple!

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
I really really like Shane and Ryan from Watcher/Buzzfeed unsolved. My favorite movie is Sleepaway Camp.

What type of music do you listen to?
Punk, hyperpop, hip-hop, bluegrass--honestly most things

Do you follow any sports teams?
Nope

What's your favorite fish?
That I have currently? My yellow watchman goby. Of all time? Puffers have my heart but too nibbly for my reef

Favorite coral?
I have a soft spot for rhodactis mushrooms and euphyllia. I also loveeeeee anemones and elegance

Favorite invert?
Skunk cleaner probably. I also love love love urchins.

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I have a 120 gallon with 35 gallon sump started August of 2018. Current stock is after an outage related crash a year ago sadface. Yellow watchman with tiger pistol, talbots damsel, tomini tang, clownfish pair (one black one standard), lawnmower blenny, and blue line flasher wrasse. For invers, skunk cleaner, fire shrimp, pincushion urchin, tiger conch, emerald crabs, various snails and hermits. For coral I'm just getting back in after recovering from crash. Yellow watchman and my massive 18" toadstool coral are the only original inhabitants. I also have a few rhodactis, zoas, a bubble tip anemone, and some discosoma.

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
I plan to add a few more fish and a LOT more coral! No new system though. Maybe an externally plumbed in fuge?

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
I always find myself staring at my tomini tang or my talbots damsel. The talbots loves to back up like a bus into the rockwork mimicking its reef behavior. The tang is constantly algae hunting and swooping through rockwork.

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
I geek out over commensalism/wild reef dwelling behavior. Seeing clownfish hosting or pistol shrimp with gobies or damsels backing into their "reef" makes my heart full.

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Anything horror, the fish I'm waiting to add (from a reputable vendor), aquarium supplies, d&d stuff, little things that have made your reefing experience easier, easy colorful mushroom coral or euphyllia/elegance, horror art and/or your favorite local artists' work, really cool rocks for my girlfriend, whatever you get from my vibes on this post

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Yes, if you have experience with and are comfortable with the vendor and their quality. For fish, on the "to add" list are a pajama cardinal, a royal gramma, and a biota captive bred mandarin. For inverts, a halloween urchin or a tuxedo urchin. For coral I love mainly euphyllia, elegance, mushrooms. For nems I'd love maxi min carpets, rock flower nems, or crazy bubble tip color morphs.

Thanks and honestly whatever I get would be appreciated!
As a heads up I went ahead and added the tuxedo, pajama, and royal gramma so no longer on the to add list!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAST CALL for anyone wanting to sign up as part of our Secret Santa!!

If you have signed up in this thread, but haven't sent me a PM (with name, email, and your country), please do that ASAP! I'll send you all the info you need to get connected to our gift exchange so you get matched up.

If you have pm'd me, but haven't filled out the questionnaire in this thread, please do so ASAP because your Secret Santa will need that info for getting your gift.

Thanks to everyone who is joining us for this gift exchange!!

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What country are you located in? USA
What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna test reagents po4,cal, alk
What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank maintenance
What are your other hobbies/interests? Rare coins
How do you relax after a long day at work? Drink
Do you collect anything?rare coins
What is your favorite color? Green
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Rick and morty
What type of music do you listen to? Country/folk
Do you follow any sports teams?saints
What's your favorite fish? Marine beta
Favorite coral? Blasto
Favorite invert? Urchin
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? 120 gal
What do you keep in them? Pls and softies
Do you have a build thread? Yes
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Need ATO reservoir and get dosing pump
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Coral and live rock inhabitants
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The water chemistry and coral growth
What are some good gift ideas for you? Softy or lps, test reagents, algae scrubber surprise me
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Coral or inverts

jenniferreichardt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAST CALL for anyone wanting to sign up as part of our Secret Santa!!

If you have signed up in this thread, but haven't sent me a PM (with name, email, and your country), please do that ASAP! I'll send you all the info you need to get connected to our gift exchange so you get matched up.

If you have pm'd me, but haven't filled out the questionnaire in this thread, please do so ASAP because your Secret Santa will need that info for getting your gift.

Thanks to everyone who is joining us for this gift exchange!!
I do not know how to pm @santa but I want to register!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time and patience
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Reading, photography & family time
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Spend time with hubby & dogs..stare at tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Corals
  7. What is your favorite color? Garnet&Gold..any shade of blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Not a fair question..too many to name, but Top Gun is my number one.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic rock, alternative, country, jazz & classical
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? FSU (Go Noles!)…Jacksonville Jaguars
  11. What's your favorite fish? Deadpool, my Flame Hawkfish
  12. Favorite coral? Euphyllia & Acros
  13. Favorite invert? Fire Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Have a Waterbox 220.6. It’s been up and running since May 2021. My intention was to keep mostly Euphyllia. Somewhere along the way I took a left turn to SPS with a sprinkle of zoas/palys. My current inhabitants are a Magnificent Foxface, Convict Tang (he’s earned his name in my tank :p), Blond Naso Tang, Whitetail Bristletooth Tang, Earmuff Wrasse, Fiji Xmas Wrasse, Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse, Lunate (Crescent Tail) Fairy Wrasse, Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse, Blue Flasher Wrasse, Deadpool my Flame Hawkfish and a pair of Picasso Clowns. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/m...terbox-220-6-dream-build-goodbye-2020.565102/. Unfortunately, it’s going to be torn apart..Vermetid snails have taken over :(
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Not at the moment. Concentrating on getting everything ready to tear it down/set it back up
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?! Everything..I have a piece of the ocean in my home!
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love learning new things, and this hobby provides an endless supply of learning opportunities
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Not sure I’ll be much help on this. Reese’s, anything reef related, Reese’s, things that have been helpful to you in this hobby, Reese’s, something that will KILL VERMETID SNAILS, Reese’s, glue to reattach corals to the new rock NOT COVERED IN VERMETID SNAILS :squinting-face-with-tongue: and if you haven’t figured it out yet, Reese’s :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers. Nope..Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unnatural

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? I don’t know tbh
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Snowboard! Obviously during the winter… otherwise hiking and swimming.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Did I say snowboarding? I love painting really small and detailed things.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I work 24 hour shifts, so I usually sleep once I get home. Otherwise, watch Netflix and read books.
  6. Do you collect anything? Crystals! I have a large gem/crystal collection.
  7. What is your favorite color? Grey is my #1, followed by turquoise and then lime green.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? not sure tbh.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Primarily rock, indie alternative, country
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Patriots, bruins, capitals, Red Sox
  11. What's your favorite fish? I don’t know… I love how flowy clown fish are, how colorful 6 line wrasse are, and how unique file fish are.
  12. Favorite coral? Anything with tentacles
  13. Favorite invert? crabs… things that dig around in the sand
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 13.5 gal… I just moved so I had to take it down and set it back up.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Planning on upgrading to around 50gal. I really wanna get a Red Sea 250 or 300
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Everything… the fish, the corals, the hermit crabs
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Sales lol
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) not sure… stickers are cool, stuff for relaxing after work… anything reef related… gems/crystals… I’m not picky and will love anything I get.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* not sure… my schedule is so complicated. But, someone will be at my house almost 24/7.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers

jenniferreichardt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? pods, phyto, selcon, LRS reef frenzy, herbivore blend, nano, zeovit carbon, zeovit media
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? stay home with family and friends, fishing,
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I’m a cubmaster for cub scouts, help with Boy Scouts, so outdoor activities
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I’m a stay at home mom. Drink coffee
  6. Do you collect anything? elephants
  7. What is your favorite color? red/turquoise
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I don’t watch tv
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? no
  11. What's your favorite fish? gem tang
  12. Favorite coral? any multi colored acro
  13. Favorite invert? maxima clams
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
    180-sps dominated reef, 4 tangs, anthias, chromies, 4 maxima clams.

60 Bta tank-11 bta’s, a few small fish, love my nem crabs!

125-30 clownfish, going to add several hadonii carpet nems after Christmas.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Adding 5-7 carpet nems to my 125, add a co2 reactor to 125
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? my tangs-they’re so active and have personalities. nem crabs
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?the way the water chemistry effects the coral. That relationship is so clear and understandable.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) any bright colored acros, rock flowers, LRS reef frenzy, coffee, chocolate, coffee flavored chocolate,
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes! Acros, rock flower nems, clams, sexy shrimp,
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?
•United States
  1. What is one thing you always need more of?
•Corals, money, corals, repeat
  1. What do you like to do on the weekends?
•I like to sit back and watch some UFC, stare at my tanks and tinker with them.
  1. What are your other hobbies/interests?
•Photography, Working out, Cooking, UFC, Eating
  1. How do you relax after a long day at work?
•Lay back and watch informative youtube videos on how I can better my understanding of the animals we keep. You can never learn enough in this hobby. I will also try to enjoy a big meal.
  1. Do you collect anything?
•Not anymore. Only corals now.
  1. What is your favorite color?
•Orange
  1. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
•The office. Very well written and acted.
  1. What type of music do you listen to?
•Jazz
  1. Do you follow any sports teams?
•No
  1. What's your favorite fish?
• Belonoperca pylei
  1. Favorite coral?
• Very hard question. I’ll go for rhodactis this week.
  1. Favorite invert?
• Purple reef lobster
  1. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
• I currently run a 30g cube, 25g lagoon frag tank, and will soon be shutting down my 2g pico, 25g lobster tank (rip larry) , 10g mixed reef, and 10g office tank. In the 2 tanks that will be left over, I keep a mixed reef (Lps, nps, sps, anemones) I do not have a build thread.
  1. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
• I hope to build my dream tank when I purchase a house. Nothing too soon just yet.
  1. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
• I like to grab a flash light and look through all of the rock in my display at night to see all types of critters and different sponges living amongst the crevices. I found a mussel living in one of my rocks this way!
  1. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
• Learning something new every day.
  1. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
• Some good gift ideas might be hanna reagents (phosphate ULR, nitrate HR) a blue LED flashlight because mine is failing on me, scalpels, gryphon XL blades! , “the original super glue gel”, corals! , live phyto, orange glasses etc)
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
•yes

Perfectly_Imperfekt1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? WATER
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Involves anything with water; river, lake, beach etc.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Anything water related
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? sip and edible
  6. Do you collect anything? dead coral skeletons
  7. What is your favorite color? red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? breaking bad
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Metallica, Morgan Wallen, Chris Stapleton, Jamey Johnson
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Fantasy football
  11. What's your favorite fish? Koi tang
  12. Favorite coral? the one that doesn’t die
  13. Favorite invert? Harlequin shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? RSR250, IM 25 lagoon, CDA 125
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? CDA 125 build
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? interaction between fish and coral
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Automation
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) random frag
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes, frag
  21. Why do you keep reefing? The endless challenge and involving technology and ‘knowledge.

Perfectly_Imperfekt1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? WATER
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Involves anything with water; river, lake, beach etc.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Anything water related
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? sip and edible
  6. Do you collect anything? dead coral skeletons
  7. What is your favorite color? red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? breaking bad
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Metallica, Morgan Wallen, Chris Stapleton, Jamey Johnson
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Fantasy football
  11. What's your favorite fish? Koi tang
  12. Favorite coral? the one that doesn’t die
  13. Favorite invert? Harlequin shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? RSR250, IM 25 lagoon, CDA 125
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? CDA 125 build
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? interaction between fish and coral
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Automation
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) random frag
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes, frag
  21. Why do you keep reefing? The endless challenge and involving technology and ‘knowledge.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? Usa
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Aquarium. Dog. Soccer
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Video games and Real Madrid
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Tinker with aquarium or read a book.
  6. Do you collect anything? Reef mistakes
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The goonies
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Everything except for Rap
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Real Madrid
  11. What's your favorite fish? Foxface
  12. Favorite coral? Blastos
  13. Favorite invert? Starfish
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Yes have a build thread for 75g. I am in the planning stages for a 240 upgrade
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? See above
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Fish
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Everything
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I leave this to my SS I don't want to lead the witness.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no thanks. Rather have a gift card instead of livestock

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through the list (and checking it twice, of course!) to be sure everyone is signed up both here and on Elfster! Only a few hours left before we do our final name draw!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Carbon and big ten gnomes.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on tank and hang with family and friends
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Basketball
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Sit in front of the tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Big ten gnomes
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue and purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star wars big bang theory and avatar the last air bender
  9. What type of music do you listen to? 60s 70s and 80s
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? See avatar Only the best University of Michigan Go Blue
  11. What's your favorite fish? Queen angel
  12. Favorite coral? Rfa Duncan and elegance
  13. Favorite invert? Brittle stars
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Yes https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sfins-dream.536890/page-288#post-10849277
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Everything
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? All of it.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Big ten gnomes. I have michigan and michigan state
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no

Last edited:
OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Names are drawn!! You all should have your matches in Elfster. You will have an email notifying you.

If you need help matching your recipient with their R2R username, just let me know. I'm happy to help!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back