SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Secret Santas!!! I've added this year's Secret Santa badge to everyone who has filled out the registration questionnaire (if you don't have the badge, it's because I didn't see where you answered the questionnaire). Please be sure to keep an eye on the new threads started in this forum.

Please everyone, be sure that you all do each of the following:
  1. Fill out the questionnaire as thoroughly as possible. Remember, this is very important for helping your Secret Santa get to know you and get good ideas about what kinds of things you like. At the time of the name draw, I will be removing anyone from Elfster who has not completed the questionnaire.
  2. Be sure that you PM me for the link to Elfster.
  3. Be sure to register on Elfster because that is how we will do the name draw and where you will find your match for a gift recipient.
@R2R Secret Santa 2022
#R2RSecretSanta
Where and when do we get a secret Santa badge ?

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna Reagents (Phos ULR, Alk, No3)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank projects, watching F1, working in the yard, PC gaming with friends, spending time with family and my 2 dogs.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Guitar, reading, console/pc gaming, F1, house plants
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Drink a beer and work on my tank and/or listen to vinyl, play with my dogs, play guitar, read
  6. Do you collect anything? Vinyl records
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Tombstone, Beetlejuice, Ghost Busters, Seinfeld, The Office or Peaky Blinders
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic rock, Metal, 90s country. I listen to a lot
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not a ton anymore. I've been getting in Formula 1 lately.
  11. What's your favorite fish? Pyramid Angel or masked angel
  12. Favorite coral? Goni's
  13. Favorite invert? Feather Dusters or Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Right now I have a seapora 80g rimless that's a mixed reef, a evo 13.5 that is all softies, and a mangrove tank.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'm upgrading the evo to a IM 30L once get around to swapping them.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New fish, or new gear. Seeing growth on SPS
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Fleece rolls, hanna reagents, sour strips candy, coral photography, I love all the stuff people make, old school reefing posters and books.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Shipping around the holidays is awful, better not risk it.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Shirt size? L

nosduj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Corals
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with family, tank maintenance
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Working on my jeep, video games, Coffee/Expresso, pipes and cigars
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? video games with my son
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue/Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The office
  9. What type of music do you listen to? All kinds, Mainly alternative or rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Sc Gamecocks
  11. What's your favorite fish? yellow tang
  12. Favorite coral? Acan
  13. Favorite invert? Tuxedo Urchin
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Cade 1800, purple, yellow and powder blue tangs, pair of clowns, leopard wrasse, Chromis, Pink shrimp goby, etc. Tons of coral frags
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Reefmat incoming, Need Hydros controller
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Lawnmower Blenny
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Corals
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Corals, additives, inverts, Hydros x4, larger inline UV
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, looking for a copperband or moorish idol next
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

Last edited:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's under your username. ;)
Could y'all have picked an uglier color for the badge? Lol!

Edit: I didn't mean to be rude... I've just never liked "split-pea-soup green"! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Edit: maybe a nice maroon or purple?

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coffee
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? read, exercise, work with my aquariums, spending time with family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Reading, writing, fitness, nature
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? read and work with my aquariums
  6. Do you collect anything? Books
  7. What is your favorite color? Black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? n/a
  9. What type of music do you listen to? n/a
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? n/a
  11. What's your favorite fish? some variation or species of clownfish
  12. Favorite coral? not technically corals, but I really enjoy rock flower anemones.
  13. Favorite invert? Berghia nudibranchs
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 75g reef, 10g nano, plus many other saltwater and freshwater tanks that are housing clownfish pairs, killifish, and much more.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'm planning to add an Aquamaxx dosing container dc-2 and a Kamoer X1 bluetooth (or comparable) dosing pump.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? fish fry
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The R2R community, the reefing events, and breeding fish.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef art, BRS gift certificate, Aquamaxx dc-2, Reef Roids.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) n/a

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to this every year! I’m in again!

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna NO3 and ALK reagents. And coffee!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spending time with my daughter, tank maintenance, reading crime novels
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Traveling, snorkeling, crappie fishing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Tank maintenance or just sitting back and watching my tanks
  6. Do you collect anything? Coffee cups
  7. What is your favorite color? Orange
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Family Guy
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Favorite band is Faith No More
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? STL Cardinals, STL Blues
  11. What's your favorite fish? Wrasses
  12. Favorite coral? Torches
  13. Favorite invert? Sexy shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 90g wrasse dominant tank (build thread link is in my signature), a 20 long dedicated to my pink streaked wrasse and sexy shrimp. I also have a 30g freshwater planted tank
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? A 125g discus tank and another frag tank planned
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I’m slightly obsessed with wrasses, but only slightly
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? I appreciate anything saltwater or freshwater hobby related
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? A gift card for livestock from WWC or Pacific East Aquaculture would be so awesome
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.). N/A

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?Super glue, epoxy, frag plugs
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hangout with Family, Boating, watching sports
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Like to golf, video games
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Make a good dinner then try and get some sleep
  6. Do you collect anything? Only coral lol
  7. What is your favorite color? Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star wars
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Can listen to most but mainly country.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? All Chicago
  11. What's your favorite fish? Foxface
  12. Favorite coral? Don’t really have a favorite just any Acro really
  13. Favorite invert? Very irritating but Urchins
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 210g and a 250g lots of fish and sps! I do have a build thread but suck at updating it.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Want a new skimmer just hard to pull the trigger on it right now
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Definitely the fish
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? RAP for sure
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Named a few in the beginning
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No thank you!
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) I like to give out shirts so a shirt size is always nice to know! I’m a Large!

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral Glue, Hanna NO3 and PO4 Regents, RODI Filters
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Cook, Aquarium Maintenance, Anything Outdoors
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Running/Fitness, Animal Crossing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Wine and watching my tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Race medals
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Jaws
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly 80’s
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? LA Rams and Dodgers
  11. What's your favorite fish? “Sunny” my Yellow Tang
  12. Favorite coral? WWC Jello Shot
  13. Favorite invert? “Bang Bang” my Tiger Pistol Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? RS Reefer 625XXL. SPS leaning mixed.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Contemplating switch from GHL Profilux
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My fish settling down for the night just before the lights go out
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? All of it. I’m hopelessly addicted
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Literally, anything. I am just so happy to be a part of this community/family
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I don’t think so - too many variables
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? Nope! Great job Santa!

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? Usa
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Glue and epoxy for attaching corals.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Bird hunt, flyfish
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Birdhunt flyfish
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I am a fishing guide, so I usually go fishing or tie flies infront of my reef tank.
  6. Do you collect anything? I have hundreds of duck and goose decoys if that counts.
  7. What is your favorite color? Yellow
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Always sunny in Philadelphia
  9. What type of music do you listen to? 90s alt, a lot of TOOL, Chili Peppers, and Primus
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite fish? Dusky Wrasse
  12. Favorite coral?Mushrooms
  13. Favorite invert? Turbo snail covered in hair algea named reggie watts
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 75 gallon Peninsula and my wife has a 16 gallon biocube.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Hoping to get a house next year. Id love to put in a 125+ gallon peninsula
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My snowflake eel eat
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love watching the shapes my sps take.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Something you find really interesting or a cool little reef gadget?
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure, i only keep montis, mushrooms, and gorgonians in my tank though.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) things you wouldnt want? Im not much for gag gifts

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Secret Santas!!! I've added this year's Secret Santa badge to everyone who has filled out the registration questionnaire (if you don't have the badge, it's because I didn't see where you answered the questionnaire). Please be sure to keep an eye on the new threads started in this forum.

Please everyone, be sure that you all do each of the following:
  1. Fill out the questionnaire as thoroughly as possible. Remember, this is very important for helping your Secret Santa get to know you and get good ideas about what kinds of things you like. At the time of the name draw, I will be removing anyone from Elfster who has not completed the questionnaire.
  2. Be sure that you PM me for the link to Elfster.
  3. Be sure to register on Elfster because that is how we will do the name draw and where you will find your match for a gift recipient.
@R2R Secret Santa 2022
#R2RSecretSanta
What link to Elfster? Our profile? Wishlist?

Travv26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? TIME LOL. Po4 and No3 reagent. Acropower or Restore
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Grill/smoke food, family time, adventure new places,
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Work out, wood working, have started pc gaming, new food places or recipes to try at home
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch my tank with my son
  6. Do you collect anything? A lot of reefing gear lol, different woods to try new projects
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Avatar, beetle juice, Badboys
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Hip hop, country, alternative/indie, a little of it all
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Haven’t really been following
  11. What's your favorite fish? Fowleri
  12. Favorite coral? Rainbow pectinia
  13. Favorite invert? Christmas tree worms, sunburst nems
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Down to a reefer 300xl mixed reef, going to do a build thread soon been on my todo’s
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Clean up the sump area, moving the tank in some months to a different room and hopefully adding a lagoon tank for my clown fish pair
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Euphyllia garden
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Deals, love finding the best deals lol
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I actually like to be surprised so anything is cool, if you are the type to do a box with a few small think or just one item sent totally up to you. Hanna reagents, kz coral system 2 and 3, Acropower, neomarine, grill spices, bbq sauces, 36 inch quad reef bright fixture lol
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, but into unique euphyllia, Goniopora stokesi, pectinia
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? Shirt size XL

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? Texas
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Firearms, Warhammer 40K
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Lift/Run, look after my tanks, Sleep
  6. Do you collect anything? Fossils, Autographs
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Forrest Gump, South Park, Rick and Morty
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rap(only in the gym), Country
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite fish? Don't have one
  12. Favorite coral? Frogspawn
  13. Favorite invert? Pistol Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 5.5 gallon, 15 gallon, currently working on a 75 gallon build; YES
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? In the middle of a new build
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? symbiotic relationships
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? No
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) No preference
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No preference
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

FizxVix3n

Feb2018 1st SW tank - BC29
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pronounced "Physics Vixen" …. yes yes I know how dumb it sounds NOW... explain that to the then 20 year old me when it was created.

1. What country are you located in?
Ohio, United States
2. What is one thing you always need more of?
Salt (Reef crystals), unusual/uncommon softies, swag...all the swag!!
3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
D&D, relax with my husband and 2 children, archery, experimenting in the kitchen, mess with the tank, Sunday dinners Italian style. :D
4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
Archery, cooking, D&D, sewing.
5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
I don't have a set schedule and can be working at random hours, so depending on time of day I am hanging with the kids or messing about with a hobby listed above.
6. Do you collect anything?
Do the souls of my enemies count? Otherwise, unusual hermit crabs and odd house plants, uranium glass/orange fiesta ware (I'm a radiation physicist and like the geekery).
7. What is your favorite color?
Love the blues/purples/teals/greens
8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Seinfeld, The Princess Bride
9. What type of music do you listen to?
Anything, depends on my mood and ADHD. It could be the same song on repeat for 3 weeks or a random hankering for electro swing.
10. Do you follow any sports teams?
Um nope, not even going to pretend I know what's going on with a game.
11. What's your favorite fish?
African Midas Blenny
12. Favorite coral?
Unusual/rare softies, my favorite is a true weeping willow toadstool (still looking for that unicorn!).
13. Favorite invert?
I have a soft spot for my hermits and especially love the "weird" ones (halloween, electric blue, electric orange, other unusual colors or sizes).
14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I've had a successful 29g biocube for the last 5 years and am preparing for an upgrade to a 100-120g system this year (fingers crossed). My BC is mainly toadstools, mushrooms, odd softies, NPS, and a few SPS. Right now the sole survivor is Greg, a jerk flame hawkfish who, after being a model citizen for years, became an evil villain over night and took out my other fish. Now he perches on his rock and surveys you and his fiefdom with judgement. The tank is filled with inverts... tuxedo urchin, serpent star, all the crabs, snails, etc. I find them more fun to watch than the fish. I do not have a current build thread but will with the next tank.
15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
The dream is to maybe one day own an octopus (though I'm struggling with those ethics and am currently undecided, plus I want many more years of experience before attempting that). I may instead get a frogfish. I want something ugly and unusual to love! The larger system will be for mostly softies, allowing them to grow and sway in all their glory, and probably filled with more inverts and a few fish. Wish list is too big right now.
16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My serpent star, he behaves like a madman when frozen food is dropped in the tank and it's amazing to watch him make his way from one side of the tank to the other in 3 seconds. His arms remind me of octopus tentacles. He's a fat beauty and eats a TON.
17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Dreaming up the design for inhabitants of new tanks. I really wanted to build a drop-off tank to house a giant red hermit (Tamatoa), NPS and some sort of reef cliff drop-off design (...someday!). I really enjoy seeing coral and critters thrive.
18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Swag... I'm a nerd and love geeky stuff. I also love food and treats.
19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
As much as I would love to say yes, I agree that shipping livestock, especially where I live (NE Ohio) is not good for the critters at this time of year.
20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
I think asking about allergies was a good idea!

Thank you for making this event possible! It will be a blast!!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pronounced "Physics Vixen" …. yes yes I know how dumb it sounds NOW... explain that to the then 20 year old me when it was created.

1. What country are you located in?
Ohio, United States
2. What is one thing you always need more of?
Salt (Reef crystals), unusual/uncommon softies, swag...all the swag!!
3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
D&D, relax with my husband and 2 children, archery, experimenting in the kitchen, mess with the tank, Sunday dinners Italian style. :D
4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
Archery, cooking, D&D, sewing.
5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
I don't have a set schedule and can be working at random hours, so depending on time of day I am hanging with the kids or messing about with a hobby listed above.
6. Do you collect anything?
Do the souls of my enemies count? Otherwise, unusual hermit crabs and odd house plants, uranium glass/orange fiesta ware (I'm a radiation physicist and like the geekery).
7. What is your favorite color?
Love the blues/purples/teals/greens
8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Seinfeld, The Princess Bride
9. What type of music do you listen to?
Anything, depends on my mood and ADHD. It could be the same song on repeat for 3 weeks or a random hankering for electro swing.
10. Do you follow any sports teams?
Um nope, not even going to pretend I know what's going on with a game.
11. What's your favorite fish?
African Midas Blenny
12. Favorite coral?
Unusual/rare softies, my favorite is a true weeping willow toadstool (still looking for that unicorn!).
13. Favorite invert?
I have a soft spot for my hermits and especially love the "weird" ones (halloween, electric blue, electric orange, other unusual colors or sizes).
14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I've had a successful 29g biocube for the last 5 years and am preparing for an upgrade to a 100-120g system this year (fingers crossed). My BC is mainly toadstools, mushrooms, odd softies, NPS, and a few SPS. Right now the sole survivor is Greg, a jerk flame hawkfish who, after being a model citizen for years, became an evil villain over night and took out my other fish. Now he perches on his rock and surveys you and his fiefdom with judgement. The tank is filled with inverts... tuxedo urchin, serpent star, all the crabs, snails, etc. I find them more fun to watch than the fish. I do not have a current build thread but will with the next tank.
15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
The dream is to maybe one day own an octopus (though I'm struggling with those ethics and am currently undecided, plus I want many more years of experience before attempting that). I may instead get a frogfish. I want something ugly and unusual to love! The larger system will be for mostly softies, allowing them to grow and sway in all their glory, and probably filled with more inverts and a few fish. Wish list is too big right now.
16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My serpent star, he behaves like a madman when frozen food is dropped in the tank and it's amazing to watch him make his way from one side of the tank to the other in 3 seconds. His arms remind me of octopus tentacles. He's a fat beauty and eats a TON.
17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Dreaming up the design for inhabitants of new tanks. I really wanted to build a drop-off tank to house a giant red hermit (Tamatoa), NPS and some sort of reef cliff drop-off design (...someday!). I really enjoy seeing coral and critters thrive.
18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Swag... I'm a nerd and love geeky stuff. I also love food and treats.
19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
As much as I would love to say yes, I agree that shipping livestock, especially where I live (NE Ohio) is not good for the critters at this time of year.
I think asking about allergies was a good idea!

Thank you for making this event possible! It will be a blast!!
Where in ne oh? I'm east side of cle.

Rham1281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What country are you located in?
North Dakota, United States
What is one thing you always need more of?
Testing supplies
What do you like to do on the weekends?
Drink coffee and relax
What are your other hobbies/interests?
Making stained glass pieces, playing instruments, playing soccer
How do you relax after a long day at work?

Do you collect anything?
Funko

What is your favorite color?
Blue

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
The Office

What type of music do you listen to?
Jazz

Do you follow any sports teams?
No

What's your favorite fish?
Picasso Triggerfish

Favorite coral?
Any type of zoa

Favorite invert?
Hermit crabs

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I have a 75 gallon that is in the process of being set up. I do have a build thread. I currently only have a 10 gallon frag tank that is being cycled at the moment

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
Not currently.

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
Not in my tank (as it is empty) but my favorite thing to watch is clownfish in anemone.

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Seeing different scapes and lighting settings and how they look unique in different tanks

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Anything that you wish you had when you started reefing. Testing kits, refractometer, little things to help.

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
*disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
I would not be interested in livestock as my frag tank is still in the cycling process.

Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
Nope!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited!! Our first name draw will happen tonight around midnight EST! Everyone make sure you have answered the questionnaire here and also registered on Elfster! I'm making my list and checking it twice! Only people who have done BOTH of those things will be matched!

#R2RSecretSanta

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back