SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA (Idaho)
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Sometimes I hunt, I often go fishing.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I like to draw, I play video games (nintendo), I love to garden and, of course, keep my reef tank.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? watching the fish swim, playing pokemon games.
  6. Do you collect anything? not really. My wife would say I have too many vegetable/flower seeds lol.
  7. What is your favorite color? Dark blue or dark purple.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office. Also, lord of the rings movies.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? All kinds, I would say my favorite is instrumental.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? None at all.
  11. What's your favorite fish? Hard one... I would say gobies or blennys. I love the rock dwelling fish as they dart around, makes me laugh.
  12. Favorite coral? Xenia that pulses. So mesmerizing.
  13. Favorite invert? Urchins for sure. Again, they crack me up.
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 40 gallon cube set up. I need to make a new build thread. Right now it's pretty simple, couple fish, few corals, some rock and macroalgae. Pretty young tank.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Its my first AIO tank. Nothing planned for now, it came with most basic tools.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Right now its my fish as I only have a couple. The gentle sway of the macro algae is also very calming.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Algae. I love marine tanks because of all the layers of life kept into a single box but algae is my all time favorite thing. Call me a nerd but I find large single-celled organisms fascinating.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I am just getting back into the hobby so I'm not sure what I need reef wise. But I love coffee mugs, art to hang, puzzles... I'll think about it too.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No thank you! My tank is new so I'd like to wait a bit before adding anything more.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) If I think of any I will add them here.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put me it Santa, tomorrow will be list day

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

In all seriousness all you R2R admins are awesome for doing this. I’m just an impatient twat. Lol

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa questionnaire
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hands and arms lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Mess with the tank and unwind
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Reading and learning
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Tune everything out and hang with our cats, and try to spend quality time with the spouse
  6. Do you collect anything? We are down sizing at this point of you lives
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? We have been watching comedy, Big Band Theory
  9. What type of music do you listen to? All kinds, I would say my favorite is instrumental.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Baseball, and not the New York Mets, that is my wife team LOL
  11. What's your favorite fish? Trigger fish or Leopard Wrasse
  12. Favorite coral? I would like to have a Walt Disney coral
  13. Favorite invert? My urchins pretty cool
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?bI have a 72 bow front, with a mixed reef
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes, I am looking to go with a custom tank to replace my bow front
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The tank coming back to life
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Taking a frog and growing it.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I usually request testing reagents or testing supplies. This keep the gifts with in a reasonable cost.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Dry goods are best
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) None

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I can't figure out how to edit my post. I'm really rocking this secret santa stuff Anyway, here are some things I thought of I want to share with my secret santa:

I've added some items to my wishlist as it sounded like some people really wanted to still see ideas. All the things on my list are meant to be ideas - like I put one coffee mug, I love coffee mugs. I would love any, not just that one! I could always use different testing kits. I'm not stuck only using one brand either.

I teach kindergarten. Anything real silly or fun is great for me. Silly hats, or fun little "pointers" the kids love using. I think I mentioned I love art. I used to teach art to k-8 students actually. Home made gifts are always welcome. Any kind of stickers or posters to hang are great.

I hope this helps. I know I don't tend to share much about me personally on the forums. I like to browse and read. I love getting to answer questions that I can and help other new members like I was helped when I started. I guess that's the teacher in me lol. If my secret santa has any questions I think you can send a "secret" message on elfster.

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Sticks I am a stick head, also hanna reagents
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?I try to relax and catchup on Netflix lol
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Candle collecting
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Glass of sweet wine and netflix
  6. Do you collect anything? Corals, candles
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Friday
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Jazz, R&B
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not particularly
  11. What's your favorite fish? Purple Tang
  12. Favorite coral? Too many to name lol but I would go with Vivid Confetti Acro
  13. Favorite invert? Harlequin Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 125 gallon with 40 gallon sump reef tank. I keep mostly SPS but do have some LPS and softies.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I will soon start a 50 gallon lowboy frag tank and hook it into my current system.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Fish during feeding time
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Brining in new sps to grow lol
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef roids, Reef snow, anything saltwater related.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* only sps frags.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)no

Smith.Tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA!
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Pertaining to fish... Food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hang out around the house and play soccer
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Soccer and Computers
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Sleeping duh
  6. Do you collect anything? Manga
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Dodgeball, love that movie
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rap/Hip-Hop
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Yes, for soccer it's Orlando City and Manchester City, and for football its Green Bay Packers
  11. What's your favorite fish? Clownfish, they have always just been my go to
  12. Favorite coral? Torch's
  13. Favorite invert? Nems
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 10g, 20g, 50g and a brand new 200g. Here is the link to my build thread for my new 200g that is currently ongoing https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-xxl-750-gen-2.952012/#post-10833882
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? A Neptune system
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish interacting
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love building new tanks and setting up new things for tanks
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Some fish food because you can never have enough, or some coral dosing stuff like AB+ or Reef Roids
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes I would, if livestock includes coral :)
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope these were some good questions and was actually really fun to fill out

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What country are you located in? U.S

What is one thing you always need more of? Filter socks

What do you like to do on the weekends? Video Games

What are your other hobbies/interests? Reefing/games/cooking

How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch TV

Do you collect anything? No.

What is your favorite color? Don’t have one.

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Not Sure.

What type of music do you listen to? I don’t listen to music

Do you follow any sports teams? No.

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Coral

What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Clean reef tank sand

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No.

Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No I would choose not to send livestock.

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States.
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish/Coral food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Water tests and water changes.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Music
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Smoke the reefer and watch the reef.
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Anything Star Wars.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Jazz
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? LAFC
  11. What's your favorite fish? Allardi Clownfish
  12. Favorite coral? Stylophora
  13. Favorite invert? Nem
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 20g AIO, mixed reef heavy SPS. Yes, build thread in profile.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Upgrades were bought in Black Friday.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The water movement.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Filtration and technology.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Something small to fit my nano reef.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No livestock.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Merry Xmas!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone still wanting to join the fun, please be sure to fill out the questionnaire in this thread (listed in post #1), and send me a PM with your name, email, and country you live in. Then, I'll get you the info for joining the gift exchange on Elfster. Last day to join is December 10th!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More names drawn!! If you were registered here and on Elfster, you should have received your match!! Check Elfster for your match's information.

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if you need help finding your match on R2R, just shoot me a pm. I'm glad to help!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, if you haven't joined the R2R Secret Santa yet and would like to sign up, you still can! Our sign up is open until December 10th (after that, we won't allow any new additions).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back