SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

Eclyps19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?
    1. USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    1. Time, of course!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    1. Play video games (PS5, Switch), clean my tank/water changes, try to relax?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    1. I've been learning Japanese for the past couple of years (it's really tough!). I'm into arcade cabinets, obviously fish.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
    1. Lay on the couch and browse reddit, usually :(
  6. Do you collect anything?
    1. Various pipe fittings, as of late... unintentionally. I guess I collect coins from around the world? And fish/coral?
  7. What is your favorite color?
    1. Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    1. Avatar the Last Airbender
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    1. Usually female rock/pop
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    1. Nope
  11. What's your favorite fish?
    1. Magnificent Foxface
  12. Favorite coral?
    1. Torch, or any sort of euphyllia
  13. Favorite invert?
    1. Hmmmm.... really like starfish, though I'm not ready for one right now.
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
    1. I have a Red Sea Reefer 525XL that I got about 3 years ago. I had it up and running for about 2 years but it failed to thrive (all corals would die relatively quickly) and after a year of troubleshooting I tore it down. I just recently (as of this week!) got it set up again and it's currently cycling!
    2. In order to keep the fish from the 525 while I did my rebuild, I set up 2x 30 gallons in my basement. I'll keep one of these as a small lps tank and the other will likely become a quarantine tank.
    3. I have very few corals at the moment, and probably won't be getting anything too fancy for another few months since the tank is still so new.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
    1. I just REALLY hope this rebuild is successful :((((
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    1. I love watching the personalities of my fish. They all have such weird quirks...
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
    1. Just watching everything come together and not die, I suppose! Watching coral sprout new heads is always awesome.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
    1. Oh man, I dunno. Anything that can help me on my road to making this rebuilt tank a success, even little things like filter socks or carbon would be cool. Or anything japanese I guess?
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    1. I wouldn't mind livestock, but would want to coordinate it (or just a gift card to get something from somewhere I guess?)
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
    1. Nope!

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? US and A!
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Patience
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hang out with my 4 and 6 year olds, go to the gun club, work on the new tanks
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? shooting, beer, not at the same time
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? snuggle with my kids
  6. Do you collect anything? hugs
  7. What is your favorite color? hazard orange
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Seinfeld
  9. What type of music do you listen to? anything but country and gangsta rap
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? LA Kings, Go Astros! (new TX transplant)
  11. What's your favorite fish? Moorish Idol, Ornate Butterfly
  12. Favorite coral? don't have one yet just getting started
  13. Favorite invert? Blue Harlequin Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? New 90gal with just 3 clownfish, yes 3(hippo, tominin, & dejsdardini tangs in QT). 4.8gal office tank with lots of LPS and 2 lightning clowns)
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Lots of coral to the DT
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish no doubt
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? getting my levels spot on (rare)
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) coral cutters, Hydros Water Level Sensor, Hanna Alk Reagent
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Any corals LPS or SPS
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) I like long walks on the beach, good Belgium strong ales and quadruples, costco socks, and monkfish in a saffron cream sauce

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!! We're working on matchup #2! Please be sure you have signed up in this thread AND on Elfster (pm me for that link if you haven't). Both things are required.

Lastly, we have some international participants that I will be matching up. If some of our US participants would like to be included in that matchup, you can message me to add you to that group (if you've already told me, then I've already got you in there).

#R2RSecretSanta

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!! We're working on matchup #2! Please be sure you have signed up in this thread AND on Elfster (pm me for that link if you haven't). Both things are required.

Lastly, we have some international participants that I will be matching up. If some of our US participants would like to be included in that matchup, you can message me to add you to that group (if you've already told me, then I've already got you in there).

#R2RSecretSanta
Hi Santa,

Feel free to include me in the international match up!!

Thank you!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Names are drawn!!! You should be able to see your match in Elfster. If you have any difficulty locating your matchup, just reach out. I am happy to help. I know some people forget to put their R2R username in their Elfster profile, but I can easily tell you who you got. No problem!

HO! HO! HO! Merry Christmas!!

#R2RSecretSanta

cubereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all i am so happy to do the secret Santa again this year. been doing it for 4 years now . i love making another's reefers day. so let the fun begin !!!!

Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? U.S.A
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? RO FILTERS , FISH FOOD, TIME
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? SPEND TIME WITH THE FAMILY, FISHING,CAMPING
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?RC CRAWLING,FISHING, CAMPING
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? SIT AND WATCH MY TANK
  6. Do you collect anything? RC TRUCKS, HOT WHEELS, WRASSES AND ACANTHOS
  7. What is your favorite color? BLUE
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I DONT WATCH TV
  9. What type of music do you listen to? COUNTRY / ROCK
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? NO
  11. What's your favorite fish? WRASSES BUT FAVORITE IS A LINEATUS WRASSE
  12. Favorite coral? ACANTHO, ACANS, SCOLY,ZOAS
  13. Favorite invert? MANTIS SHRIMP
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I HAVE A 160 DSA TANK MOSTLY ACANTHOS AND MUSHROOMS AND GONI, A 60 GALLON CUBE FOR ANEMONES AND SETTING UP 2 IM FUSION CUBES FOR MY WIFE AND SON .
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? UPGRADE TO A 1500 GALLON ONCE WE BUILD OUR HOUSE
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? ACANTHOS EATING, WRASSES PLAYING.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? HELPING LOCALS, LOCAL FRAG SWAPS
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) REEF ART, EQUIMPMENT, ANTHING REEF RELATED
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* YES AND INTERESTED IN ANYTHING BUT GSP WILL GO INTO THE 2 NEW SETUPS
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
  21. SIZE SHIRT? XL
  22. FAVORITE CANDY? AIR HEADS, M&M'S, SOUR PATCH KIDS

Reefer.Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:

What country are you located in? USA

What is one thing you always need more of? Salt and coral of course

What do you like to do on the weekends?
Love to hang out with the family and kids and paint.

What are your other hobbies/interests? i love to garden, painting.

How do you relax after a long day at work? Non reef related things lol.

Do you collect anything? Kids, fish, coral,rocks

What is your favorite color? purple

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?

What type of music do you listen to? Country

Do you follow any sports teams? No

What's your favorite fish? Mandarin

Favorite coral? Meat corals

Favorite invert? Mantis shrimp

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 40 gallon cube, and starting a IM 15 cube. Keep anemones in the 40 and plan to do a goby and zoas tank in the 15. No build thread yet.

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Not yet.

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Hermit crabs lol or my cling fish.

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Getting new fish , going to reef shows , painting reef art and tongs.

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Paint brushes, canvases, coffee mug, aptasia x,

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes always welcome

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? US - SEC more specifically - Georgia to be exact
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time to do maintenance
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Potz around the farm, bike ride
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Gardens, cooking, scuba, music, dogs, horses
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? clean glass
  6. Do you collect anything? rocks from around the globe, skulls from hikes or road kills, old cars
  7. What is your favorite color? is this a Monty python trick?
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Ferris Buellers day off
  9. What type of music do you listen to? folk/rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Congenital cubs fan, adopted GA Bulldogs fan
  11. What's your favorite fish? Walleye to eat, Vlamingi to watch
  12. Favorite coral? most any tenuis
  13. Favorite invert? mantis
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 180 cade 0 - shifting to SPS/Acro dominant tangs, wrasses and melanospiloides, other - 90 lagoon - soft and LPS, mangrove, tangs, bassets, etc, 50 frag - Tang and wrasse, 15 WB office desk - over loaded softies, and bennies, gobies,
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? am cooking rocks for a 400-500 upgrade to the 180 to re-home my Vlamingi - 12 to 18 month project
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? - allelopathy - real and imagined
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? seeing someone new start
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) mix of quality foods, Hanna phosphate, nitrate, alk reagent, art for the fish room, Donations to the Jake Adams Go Fund Me site
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* pretty picky about what I put in there at this point
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) how much can you bench press?

Last edited:

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo Hoo My Secret Santa is super organised and I got notification something is on its way already, very exciting. I love doing this each year, thanks Reef2Reef and Santa Claus for organising.
That makes at least one. Is anyone else receiving gifts already? I may have gotten a perfect match so I'm done buying/making gifts and am ready to ship ... just feels like it might be a touch early.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Citric Acid!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Gaming, modeling
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Modeling, warhammer and such, video games/computers, cigars
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Relax, play video games, have a very intense staring contest with me eel
  6. Do you collect anything? Many things, plants, models, crystals, fossils
  7. What is your favorite color? Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Alien
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pretty much any but I enjoy rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite fish? Zebra Moray Eel (if you couldn't tell)
  12. Favorite coral? Chalice Corals
  13. Favorite invert? Peacock Mantis Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 65 with a small build thread. I'm working on a 150 currently, no build thread, honestly feel off reefing for a little so I haven't been here.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yup! My 150, no new plans just the ones I have
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My eel!!!!!
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Types of coral!
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Honestly a good thing would be some coral or a gift card for a coral place, need some corals for the new tank
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Absolutely, I'm sure shipping can be figured out but if you get me live stock, common fish (I only have my eel and a goby rn so honestly any common fish would be nice for the new tank) LPS corals, Soft corals.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? - USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? - Time, money, coral, instant ocean reef crystals, ESV dosing stuff, MB7/coral aminos
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? - PC gaming, hiking, skiing, camping
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? - See above!
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? - Look at my tank!
  6. Do you collect anything? - Coral ;P
  7. What is your favorite color? - Navy blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? - Avatar the Last Airbender
  9. What type of music do you listen to? - anything really
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? - Formula 1 (Sebastian Vettel)
  11. What's your favorite fish? - Mandarin goby
  12. Favorite coral? - Hard.... Blasto, acan, zoas, euphyllia
  13. Favorite invert? Pistol shrimp!
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 12g Reef Casa Studio 12. LPS and Softies...tons of zoas, acans, mushrooms, hammers, etc. I have a clownfish pair and a yasha goby and pistol shrimp. I do have a build thread!
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? - Mesh lid for the tank, real ATO, an RODI system, VCA random flow nozzle
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? - My pistol shrimp and my corals eating!
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? - Big reefing events, and coral in general
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) - General tank supplies like salt, hanna alk reagents, microbacter 7, brightwell aquatics coral amino, ESV dosing liquids, instant ocean reef crystals, CoralRX Dip (only have a weak iodine dip currently!) Also could never go wrong with a gift card. Surprise me!
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*- Maybe...coral if anything.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What country are you located in?
-USA

What is one thing you always need more of?
-Fish Food

What do you like to do on the weekends?
-Work on the tanks or be outside

What are your other hobbies/interests?
-Motorcycles, hunting, Fish Tanks

How do you relax after a long day at work?
-Wine , TV or my tanks

Do you collect anything?
-Corals & watches

What is your favorite color?
-Blue

What is one TV show or movie you can
watch over and over again?
-Home Improvement

What type of music do you listen to?
-Nearly everything

Do you follow any sports teams?
-Brewers & Packers

What's your favorite fish?
-Harlequin Tusk

Favorite coral?
-Any acro :)

Favorite invert?
-Fire Shrimp

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
-150g & 75g Tanks. Full of Fish & mixed reef. My main tank has a build thread :)

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
-More circulation pumps

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
-My Tangs

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
-The future for automation & testing

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
-Fish food, chemipure, etc...

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
-No thank you

Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• What country are you located in? USA

• What is one thing you always need more of? Selcon & Concentrated Garlic.

• What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with the family.

• What are your other hobbies/interests? Many but working out & being able to relax with a stiff drink.

• How do you relax after a long day at work? Sleep jajaja I work a late 2nd shift that creeps into a graveyard shift. A shot of mezcal or melatonin.

• Do you collect anything? Corals & fish

• What is your favorite color? CUBBIE BLUE

• What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Finding Nemo

• What type of music do you listen to? Any Latin music

• Do you follow any sports teams? Cubs, Bulls & Dallas Cowboys!

• What's your favorite fish? Emperor Angelfish

• Favorite coral? Anemones & Clams (I know it's an invert )

• Favorite invert? Fire & Cleaner Shrimp

• Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 120gal tank with 2 maroon clowns, pajama cardinal & a yellow tang. A 15gal freshwater tank with a betta, tiger pleco, & neon tetras.

• Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I plan to upgrade my lighting system & install an ATO. Possibly a nice mixing station.

• What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love watching God's creations just live.

• Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Watching my reef inhabitants grow & flourish.

• What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything for workouts is good or for stiff drinks would also be great.

• Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'm open to any reef safe fish & inverts.

• Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) None!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• What country are you located in? USA

• What is one thing you always need more of? Selcon & Concentrated Garlic.

• What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with the family.

• What are your other hobbies/interests? Many but working out & being able to relax with a stiff drink.

• How do you relax after a long day at work? Sleep jajaja I work a late 2nd shift that creeps into a graveyard shift. A shot of mezcal or melatonin.

• Do you collect anything? Corals & fish

• What is your favorite color? CUBBIE BLUE

• What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Finding Nemo

• What type of music do you listen to? Any Latin music

• Do you follow any sports teams? Cubs, Bulls & Dallas Cowboys!

• What's your favorite fish? Emperor Angelfish

• Favorite coral? Anemones & Clams (I know it's an invert )

• Favorite invert? Fire & Cleaner Shrimp

• Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 120gal tank with 2 maroon clowns, pajama cardinal & a yellow tang. A 15gal freshwater tank with a betta, tiger pleco, & neon tetras.

• Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I plan to upgrade my lighting system & install an ATO. Possibly a nice mixing station.

• What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love watching God's creations just live.

• Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Watching my reef inhabitants grow & flourish.

• What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything for workouts is good or for stiff drinks would also be great.

• Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'm open to any reef safe fish & inverts.

• Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) None!
go cubs and bulls, but boo cowboys

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recieved 6 of the packages that are going to my lucky recipient... waiting on one last straggler for tomorrow then everything gets wrapped, tagged, and boxed for shipping.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States -Connecticut
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hannah phosphate tests
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?skateboard
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Video games /freshwater keeping
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Ice cold beer / good show
  6. Do you collect anything?old gaming consoles
  7. What is your favorite color? Grey/black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? SuperNatural
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rock/R&B
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? no
  11. What's your favorite fish? Clown fish
  12. Favorite coral? Zoas
  13. Favorite invert? Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 20 gallon AIO with a pair of clown fish and 2 peppermint shrimp and yes I do have a build thread !
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?yes plan on upgrading tank size within 3 years
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The way the corals sway in the flow
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Coral Growth !
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) reef roids homemade art anything they think a reefer would need/use !
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no thank you !
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) no looks good !

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back