Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the mods and try to make their jobs easy. I've been in violation of policy a few times (by accident), but since I like what this site is hoping to be I try to adhere to the "family friendly" ideal.
I self delete a lot of my own posts as a result of my respect for their ideal. Who wants this site to look like the Manson Family?

Sorry that all issues cannot be resolved and I respect folk who leave if they find this site unfriendly to them. Sometimes that is the right thing to do. I quit FB activity because of their manipulation of threads, information and what not. I don't see these same kinds of manipulations taking place on here, but of course the site does have its moderators.

A sad fact of life is that written communication is so often offensive (to others) who read and comprehend something completely different than the poster intended to focus upon. That fact is often the basis of jokes, imo, and the snowflakes falling afterward are to be expected.

So who are the snowflakes I am referring to in the above sentence?
That would be all of us at times, and nobody in particular at this writing. Sorry to all who I probably offended by using that slanderous term. I expect the "mods" will remove this if they find it too provocative.

Goodbye Kevin. I hope you change your mind. I still check my fb account now and again. If this site bugs me in the future I will also move towards the exit.

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Difference of opinion. I tried to explain but the thread was removed. So I guess I'll leave it at that.
so lame. I'm so sorry I guess I got here late. I saw it happen with Reddit. And a couple other websites. I didn't think it could happen to an aquarium reef tank forum. You'll enjoy it off of here though I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it was worse than that. I called the person that brought it to your attention after being that way for YEARS a snowflake!

No biggie. Just tired of going off the wall crazy to cater to what one person considers offensive.
Lol reads as. A mod was a cry baby and wanted it gone boo hoo hoo. I just joined but at this point I think I'm out as well holy crap. Get a grip......

Last edited by a moderator:

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't belong here on a family friendly site. What doesn't offend you might offend someone else and the team here does their very best to keep things friendly. Wasn't it you that got offended by the "grammer police" thread? I was not offended by the thread but it doesn't mean it belongs here either. The mods have a lot to do and they volunteer the time to keep things friendly and the TOS are agreed too when joining.
Family friendly. Have you read some of the threads deep on this site.... It goes way off topic sometimes! And some mods may just want power over people I'm just saying..

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Family friendly. Have you read some of the threads deep on this site.... It goes way off topic sometimes! And some mods may just want power over people I'm just saying..
Good thing about R2R is your not forced to stay;) Your entitled to your opinion and members here do the best they can. Seeing you just joined and your recent posts tells me me you agreed to the TOS without reading what they actually were...

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing about R2R is your not forced to stay;) Your entitled to your opinion and members here do the best they can.
True. I will I do like the site. I'm just tilted about a lot I guess. That's the best part though. And we are just here for the fishies. At least I am And (nems).

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. I will I do like the site. I'm just tilted about a lot I guess. That's the best part though. And we are just here for the fishies. At least I am And (nems).
Absolutely. Corals, fish and definitely tridacna for me:D In the end were a large community that needs to work together while helping others and enjoying our tanks.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find something that goes against the Terms of Service(ToS), by all means report it. We do try to keep everything family friendly, but are volunteers that have lives, so we don't see everything.

In the case of the OP, we didn't notice it for years. However, when it was noticed the Moderation Team as a whole discussed it, agreed that it was against ToS, sent a pm and removed it.

If Biggun had a problem with it, he was more than welcome to pm ANY member of the Moderation Team. However he didn't. Instead he posted publically, which is not allowed. He stated that we removed it without messaging him(which was false), but wouldn't hold himself to the same standard. This is unfortunate and unfair.

We do our best to make this site welcoming to everyone and to keep it family friendly. We are more than happy to address any concerns directly with us, we just ask that it is done respectfully, and unfortunately in public forums, not everyone treats others respectfully.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like I said no one has any skin. The word snowflake now makes them get all up in arms cause they can’t handle a word. Instead of doing normal things if they don’t agree or don’t want to listen. Put that person on ignore or move on. It’s hilarious the word snowflake triggers them. Lol
What happens in winter when people are talking about snowflakes falling. Do they run to closets covering ears or do they try and ban Mother Earth for creating snowflakes. Man who ever can’t handle that little would get eaten alive on car/truck forums.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a stretch IMO. Many words can be offensive but it can also determine the context it was used in like your sarcasm for instance. What's so hard to just try to mind yourself in respect to a great forum and fellow hobbyist? You made your own point, this not another car forum, Facebook, ect so maybe don't treat it as such. Maybe fellow reefers come here to escape that nonsense??

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hate this has evolved to this. We really do try our best to treat everyone with respect while maintaining a family friendly environment for all. Not only is the word por.....n not family friendly it’s also not search engine friendly and we’re not risking the degradation of our TOS or search engine ranking.

The word snowflake isn’t what was edited it’s what we, the mod staff was called.

That’s it plain and simple. Hope you stay, wish you the best.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In closing this I would like to clarify that Biggun did not call the staff snowflakes. I was wrong in my post about that and I wanted to make it clear. My apologies for misreading his reference.

Side note being called a snowflake doesn’t offend me. :) I’m not BTW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back