Selecting a damsel or Chromis for my tank?

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also keep in mind each will have its own personality, so I might have two that are aggressive and you might end up with peaceful. One way to keep aggression down is to be well feed so they don't feel like they have to fight for food.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best most peaceful demsel is talbot. Second is IMO a yellow tail , but I currently have a springer demsel and he is a model citizen.
id get Talbots and springers . BTW springers are well known for eating AEFW

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 blue green chromis in my 120.
They grow fast.
My convict tangs keeps them in line.
Feed 3-4 times a day.
20200314_150342.jpg

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be better to introduce two Talbot’s / Springer’s / Azure or three? Would they fight each other to the death or would they kill other fish?

They’ll be sharing the tank with a pair of Ocellaris clowns, a dwarf angel, a basslet (most likely Royal Gramma) and a YWG+ Pistol Shrimp.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude... why are you even buying this tank? It's never going to live up to your expectations so why spend all this money and look at it everyday just to be reminded that it's only an 85gal tank? I'm not sure why you are limited to 85 gal but you need to stop the order right now and save more money or do whatever you have to do in order to get the tank that you will be happy with!

Buy it Cheap
Buy it Twice

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s apartment space, more than anything else. I figured that a 4-foot tank would take up too much space, and that this tank is the biggest I could realistically do on the second floor in a 23 SQM apartment. Unfortunate, yeah, but I’ll be living at my place for a while. Of course I wish I could get a 100 gal + tank, 120+ gal would be best, but that’s not happening until I move to a bigger place.

Back