Selecting a Doser - GHL 2.1 or Kamoer F4 Pro

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here looking to add a doser to my 120G. I'm down to either the GHL 2.1 or Kamoer F4 Pro and would appreciate your thoughts / experiences. A few questions / concerns I've picked up along the way

1. Is the Kamoer reliable?
2. Ease of programming and control?
3. is the GHL "too much" of a doser for someone who hasn't used a doser before?

Thanks in advance!

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh i would go the jebao route due to it being so cheap, and theres plenty of videos on youtube on how to calibrate it and it works perfectly fine. If price isnt a concern then GHL are german made so they are pretty reliable and accurate.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL doser 2.1 was my first doser 3 or 4 years ago and I love it. I bought the standalone and used the 4th head as my ATO with their level sensors. Plus you can run a temp probe from it too. It's pretty easy to set up and calibrate and set a schedule. Mine has not missed single beat in close to 4 years. GHL also has a line of controllers and directors, I'm sure you realize this, that can be added in the future. Great product.

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL doser 2.1 was my first doser 3 or 4 years ago and I love it. I bought the standalone and used the 4th head as my ATO with their level sensors. Plus you can run a temp probe from it too. It's pretty easy to set up and calibrate and set a schedule. Mine has not missed single beat in close to 4 years. GHL also has a line of controllers and directors, I'm sure you realize this, that can be added in the future. Great product.
I had a dude come to my wtore one time selling me the ion director and doser for like $300, he robbed an LFS stored for it i didnt buy it because i thought he was a cop lol

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally not go cheap on a doser. too many stories of them running out of control …. at which point they don't end up actually being cheap. I do not have experience with the Kamoer but my experience with the GHL (the only piece of GHL kit i own) has been really excellent. The interface is a tad kludgy but its been rock solid reliable for me.

Jasper05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much is your ATO going through daily? I have a 12 foot horizontal run. Wasnt sure if I could get away with 2.1 or I needed the maxi

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back