Selective propagation of mutations in mushroom corals

I_Got_Crabs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice from those with mushroom propagation experience. I have a rainbow yuma (center) that has one orange tentacle on its outter rim (the others are blue & gray). Is it possible to increase the presence of this feature over successive generation?

My hope is that if I make a small frag of the shroom that has this feature, then when it regenerates, it may be more likely to have more orange tentacles around the rim. Apologies for the washed out blues. You can see the orange tentacle in the center-front of the outter rim.
20190805_120644.jpeg

OP
OP
I_Got_Crabs

I_Got_Crabs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice from those with mushroom propagation experience. I have a rainbow yuma (center) that has one orange tentacle on its outter rim (the others are blue & gray). Is it possible to increase the presence of this feature over successive generation?

My hope is that if I make a small frag of the shroom that has this feature, then when it regenerates, it may be more likely to have more orange tentacles around the rim. Apologies for the washed out blues. You can see the orange tentacle in the center-front of the outter rim.
20190805_120644.jpeg
Well I guess I'll just give it a shot, and keep it a secret if it works well. ;)

CoralGuy19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190805_120644.jpeg
Have any success with this experiment?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back