Self hosted ReefBot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sunnyc90

View Badges
Reaction score
Are there any plans to make the ReefBot self hosted? I believe a lot of the issues we experience time to time is due to the bot being dependent on a server that’s it needs to communicate.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Are there any plans to make the ReefBot self hosted? I believe a lot of the issues we experience time to time is due to the bot being dependent on a server that’s it needs to communicate.
Currently we don’t have plans to make the ReefBot local. We are using Amazon web services currently and we eliminated most of the issues related to disconnections.

OP
OP
S

sunnyc90

View Badges
Reaction score
I still have disconnection issues (from the server) and notifications problems. I'm finding that it signs me out too from time to time also. Only way that I have found that fixes this problem is rebooting the machine even though it is connected to my local wifi. I have has to reboot the bot once a month at least.

Is the Reefbot capable of being self hosted? What's the reason for not making it self hosted? I'm sure I have not been the only one that has requested for this feature.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I still have disconnection issues (from the server) and notifications problems. I'm finding that it signs me out too from time to time also. Only way that I have found that fixes this problem is rebooting the machine even though it is connected to my local wifi. I have has to reboot the bot once a month at least.

Is the Reefbot capable of being self hosted? What's the reason for not making it self hosted? I'm sure I have not been the only one that has requested for this feature.
Our software engineers can look up the issue for you. Kindly email them at [email protected]
We did get this request once before but the system runs on IoT and other controllers are being connected to it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back