Sell me your coralline algae!

drane269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm currently setting up a 75 gallon reef, and cycling about 60lbs of dry rock from bulk reef supply in a container with heated saltwater and adding Dr. Tim's One and Only. I'm looking to introduce different strains of Coraline algae.. If you have nuisance coralline algae that is overtaking your tank and wanna make some quick extra cash, please inbox me.. I can pay via quick pay or PayPal.
Specifically looking for plates or or scrapings of purple pink and red strains.

You can inbox me here, or email me at [email protected] with prices and pictures

Thank you all, and happy reefing!

Tim McLellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank seeded with some trochus snails from my LFS which had some awesome coraline on their shells.

Attachments

• coraline snails.jpg
    coraline snails.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 71

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried using clam shells which were coated with Coralline as well as the bottled coralline additives from Algae Barn. I only started seeing small amounts of it after adding a single live rock coated with it (from GulfLiveRock.com), but it is still a very slow process. I also started out with Marco Dry Rock from BRS like yourself.

In my instance I set up a separate nano (a 7.5 gallon cube) to cure the "new" live rock prior to introducing any into my display (a 20 gallon cube), and I liked the instant coralline on the live rock so much I decided to develop that into a "proper" nano. It's a disease, not a hobby. :D

My two cents: introduce a little bit of live rock, but make sure you do isolate it to remove bristle worms/mantis shrimp/nasties before adding to your main tank.

waverider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LR is where its at. I swear by it. Anycase... if you maintain your water parameters: Calcium & Alkalinity say.... Ca 400+ and Alk 9+ and keep them consistent, you will get Coraline Algae growth. I seeded my tank by buying rock from a variety of sources, I introduced Corals from a variety of sources. Snails and Crabs... from a variety of sources. Therefore I have diversity. Diversity is key. Import all sorts of Coraline Algae strains, bacteria strains... into your tank and in the long run you will have a healthy, more diverse ecosystem. Beware of dead rock... it can be done but it will take far longer. For some, up to 2 years
20211231_005259.jpg

waverider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS.... I cycle my imported LR in a 40 gallon bucket with Saltwater raised to 1.035 for two weeks to kill off pests.

Jason1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm currently setting up a 75 gallon reef, and cycling about 60lbs of dry rock from bulk reef supply in a container with heated saltwater and adding Dr. Tim's One and Only. I'm looking to introduce different strains of Coraline algae.. If you have nuisance coralline algae that is overtaking your tank and wanna make some quick extra cash, please inbox me.. I can pay via quick pay or PayPal.

You can inbox me here, or email me at [email protected] with prices and pictures

I have allot of purple algae its dark in the water but when its dry it is the most vibrant color purple ive ever seen let me know would still be interested

OP
OP
D

drane269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have allot of purple algae its dark in the water but when its dry it is the most vibrant color purple ive ever seen let me know would still be interested
It's funny you commented on this
THAT rock is actually starting to get good coverage of coralline, so it's good.
However, I'm currently cycling 50lbs of dry rock right now for another build in a few months and it'll be ready to be seeded soon
Please send a picture of your tank and a price for some scrapings!

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some coroline from a friend put in blender then in your tank problem solved shortly after.

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I purchased and added these two bottles of purple and pink strains three weeks ago. Blotches of Coralline are now visible at the transition into four weeks.

OP
OP
D

drane269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some coroline from a friend put in blender then in your tank problem solved shortly after.
I know. That's why I posted this lol

No friends in person have reef tanks and all of the lfs don't wanna put in the effort

OP
OP
D

drane269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I purchased and added these two bottles of purple and pink strains three weeks ago. Blotches of Coralline are now visible at the transition into four weeks.
I've used them before but I feel like there's very little actual coralline spores in the bottle, and more calcium/live bacteria

I'd rather spread thousands of blended up spores from flakes of coralline I can actually see

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ARC stuff works ... whether or not you think it's cost effective.

My reasoning for saying that is:
-- had pinkish coralline fully-encrusted all over my rocks
-- bought an urchin that started carving it out
-- figured I'd try the Purple Helix for fun/variety
-- I now have more purple than pink

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought this from TSA to seed my tank. You get a lot more than the picture shows and it had lots of nice colors.

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out addictivereefkeeping.com they have some different branching kinds and what not you maybe looking for and affordable, they do take a little longer then expected to ship,but it is great quality stuff. Hope this helps.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back