• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sell me your mini brittle stars

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to buy as many mini brittle stars as one of you guys would be willing to sell me. NOT looking for asterina stars, looking for the mini brittles. Thank you!

Wampatom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you looking for mini brittles?
F93A0825-F560-4A7C-B994-7EAC754176BC.png

OP
OP
O

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank with dead dry rock. The mini stars are good detrivore eaters and good at cleaning the rocks. With my qt set up nothing gets into the dt without it being added by me and the coral dips normally kill these. So figured I'd make a special effort for these guys.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, i was certain you were looking to feed bongo shrimp.

if you’re local to los angeles, i’d just give you a dozen. my main 180G tank is chock full of ‘em.

OP
OP
O

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in tigard oregon so there would be shipping involved. If your will I'll pay, yourcall.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Onajoyride, uff ... i’ve never shipped anything live before. let’s see first if someone more local to you can assist (respectfully said).

@MamaP, there are species of true mini brittle stars ... sometimes called ‘micro brittle stars’ in the trade. their full leg-span typically doesn’t get much larger than a quarter.

i wouldn’t call them effective sand sifters (maybe the first 1/4”), but they are pretty good detrivores.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals, first off thank you for reaching out here and via pm. I have a guy I'm going to try and buy from, if that doesnt pan out I'll reach out here again. This community is awesome and I really appreciate the help!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back