Selling Bobbit’s. Absolutely gorgeous.

RynosReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught a rare purple/red/white bobbit. Please contact me, I don’t want to have to kill it, and local LFS’s arnt interested (I’m in Vermont, so they just arnt that into Saltwater)

B4ABD660-2442-4780-9903-DC2B64B581AB.jpeg DAFD04CB-6C2C-4491-B0C4-55467856DA26.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh thats a bummer! Heres a bump for some views...
Im in ny if all else fails i could set him up a speciman tank......

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow bummer no one wants this as I saw a few posts in the general section of people wanting a bobbit.

I live way upstate NY and have been into VT to look for LFS's. I thought the outcome was bleak in NY, man you guys really have it tough up there. Was only able to find 2, and one alays seems to be closed(Vermont corals I think was the name).

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think green mt corals is still open over there....just call first to make sure hes around.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think green mt corals is still open over there....just call first to make sure hes around.
Yup thats the place! Been there 4 times when hes supposed to be open, but alas he never has been. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a three hour drive to get there.

OP
OP
RynosReefs

RynosReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup thats the place! Been there 4 times when hes supposed to be open, but alas he never has been. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a three hour drive to get there.
Thanks guys! I put it in its own tank, seeing if all the pieces will regenerate. I’ll have 5, and I’ll try and sell them individually. They are super cool under blue lights.

shorediver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try some of the LFSs around Greenwich CT: they all cater to the hedge fund crowd and some of their Bond villain customers might appreciate keeping one of these predatory worms. (Leaves you with the challenge of getting the Bobbits up to the North East I know, just thinking there may be more of a market up there.)

OP
OP
RynosReefs

RynosReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try some of the LFSs around Greenwich CT: they all cater to the hedge fund crowd and some of their Bond villain customers might appreciate keeping one of these predatory worms. (Leaves you with the challenge of getting the Bobbits up to the North East I know, just thinking there may be more of a market up there.)
I'm actually in Vermont, I posed in Fla, to try and increase the odds, lots of reefers dwn there.

shorediver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually in Vermont, I posed in Fla, to try and increase the odds, lots of reefers dwn there.

D'oh! It says so right in your post, sorry. Well that makes it easier then.

Not that it's particularly relevant (but it'll give your post a bump), I had a dream last night that my wife took me on a bobbit safari. These dream bobbits were land animals and while we were in the parking lot they kept jumping out at me and crawling over my skin and through my hair. That bit wasn't nice.

Then we went on a walk with a guide and saw a larger one killing an owl which was weird and sad and cool. While we were looking at that, a really big one appeared in the grass and the dream basically turned into Bobbit Jurassic Park. It was all very exciting until my alarm went off and ruined the fun.

OP
OP
RynosReefs

RynosReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh thats a bummer! Heres a bump for some views...
Im in ny if all else fails i could set him up a speciman tank......
Maybe its a sign that you need a species tank for one of these gorgeous worms! Thanks for the bump, and they have definitely given me some interesting dreams too. My thought is......people own centipedes and tarantulas.....and those can actually get loose in your house!!!! At least this horror is contained to a salt water system! One of the pieces is starting to become aware and not just filter feeding in the corner of the tank. It made its way into the burrow of the piece with the head! They are pretty amazing to watch. And absolutely gorgeous under the blue lights!!! The spiny feet glow bright yellow. The video is a little grainy, but you can see they are super cool. Dark Purple/red/white with bright yellow spines and dark red gills/ampilli for feeding. Really really cool.

Attachments

• Bobbit.mp4
    3 MB
Last edited:

shorediver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tarantula analogy is a strong argument, I'll give you that. I actually would secretly love to take one. However... I'm still building my first reef and I think a bobbit species tank would be a catastrophically stupid thing to reveal to my wife after spending all this money - the name would give her ideas. She's expecting clownfish and pretty glowing corals, not a mermaid version of Shai-Hulud.

Any time you can say this about something:
One of the pieces is starting to become aware
...you gotta admit that "hey honey can we keep it as a pet?" is a tough sell.

Anyway enjoy nurturing your terrifying nightmare zombie worm babies: I sincerely hope they find a good home. They're amazing creatures. Please will you keep posting updates? I really wish I could help you out.

(I'll watch your vid later, can't open it on my company laptop. Those photos though! I've seen black and white bobbits but never a purple one. It (they?) really is cool.)

EDIT - I tried:

IMG_6159.jpg

OP
OP
RynosReefs

RynosReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tarantula analogy is a strong argument, I'll give you that. I actually would secretly love to take one. However... I'm still building my first reef and I think a bobbit species tank would be a catastrophically stupid thing to reveal to my wife after spending all this money - the name would give her ideas. She's expecting clownfish and pretty glowing corals, not a mermaid version of Shai-Hulud.

Any time you can say this about something:

...you gotta admit that "hey honey can we keep it as a pet?" is a tough sell.

Anyway enjoy nurturing your terrifying nightmare zombie worm babies: I sincerely hope they find a good home. They're amazing creatures. Please will you keep posting updates? I really wish I could help you out.

(I'll watch your vid later, can't open it on my company laptop. Those photos though! I've seen black and white bobbits but never a purple one. It (they?) really is cool.)

EDIT - I tried:

IMG_6159.jpg
I gotta say, I'm happy i had to break down my tank, because my re-scape is killer.

Tank 2.4.2020.jpg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes beautiful! And im serious. Ill get the 28 gal aio out and get her cycling....

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should bring one up to the frag swap in Burlington in March. Might get some interest or at least turn some heads.

Wish I could help...looks like it would make great fish bait:p.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back