Where's the mysis?
- Review score
- +0 /0 /-0
Partner member 2022
R2R Excellence Award
Selling Forum Rules
- The sales forum on Reef2Reef is available to members that have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts (A meaningful post will involve more than saying things like "nice tank" or "I agree." Something meaningful will often be sharing one's knowledge and experience with others and actively participating in hobby related discussions). Use of this forum is available immediately to R2R Supporters (Want to be a Supporter? Click here!).
- The use of the sales forum is for members that contribute in the regular forum (To understand what we mean by "members that contribute," please see the above statement regarding meaningful posts).
- This forum is to be used for the sale/trade of reef related items only.
- Threads that appear to be commercial will be removed. Being deemed commercial is not just for parties that have a physical store or website. There are many factors that may lead to a thread being deemed commercial. Some of them are having a constant supply of an item, large supply of an item, "made to order" goods, or buying with the intent to resell.
- Sales must have a finite end date.
- 3D printed items are deemed to be an item of constant supply; therefore a commercial endeavor and are not permitted.
- Please keep in mind that selling is a privilege. The staff reserves the right to remove any sales threads at anytime.
- A firm asking price must be listed in the thread.
- Sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to send payment as a gift (this includes PayPal's Friends and Family option, unprotected Venmo, Western Union, or any other option that sends funds with no protection to the buyer). If you are found to be asking for payments as a gift or via unprotected payment, your sales thread will be removed and you may lose your selling privileges all together. For more on this, please read the announcement HERE.
- Any selling fees and taxes must be included in the asking price. Sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to pay additionally for PayPal's transaction fees or taxes. These must be built into the price of the item.
- Items listed for sale must be yours and in your possession. You may not sell things on behalf of someone else or list items that are yours but being kept by someone else.
- One for sale thread in the Dry Goods Selling forum per every 2 weeks. If you have multiple items to sell please post them in one thread.
- Auction type sales threads are not permitted.
- Links to Ebay, Craig's List or other sites are not permitted
- Posting to bump is permitted once a day
- Payment must be worked out in private via PM
- At anytime you may be asked by the R2R staff to post a pic of the item for sale with a piece of paper that has your R2R username and the current date. If you fail to do this, the thread will be removed.
- Staff may ask at any time to show proof of ownership or the thread will be removed.
- Questions regarding brand, type, size, etc. by those who are genuinely interested in buying the item are allowed. However, questions about price (including alternative offers that are lower than posted price) or critiques of the sale should be directed to PM.
- Posts that are deemed to be attempts to intentionally derail and harm the seller's thread will not be permitted.
Last edited by a moderator: