Semi-emergency... Velvet, Cupramine and moyeri leopard wrasse.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct I misread your first post. That is like a combo TTM with copper.

You still won't want to add any fish.

And if you are dealing with ich it has a slower cycle. So I'm not sure it would work the same.

Are you sure about not adding another fish? My understanding of the life cycle is that it shouldn't make a difference as long as none of the free swimmers are transferred to the new tank with the treated fish

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

After 10 days of therapeutic copper, I moved all fish to an unmedicated QT tank. This tank was seeded with biospira and is doing great with keeping no detectable ammonia.

After about two days, my kole tang started to look pale again. I was not sure if maybe I was dealing with gill flukes since copper would not have treated these. Would they have suppressed them though? It has also crossed my mind that MAYBE this is early signs of velvet again. I have a short video that I will include of the koles behavior. All fish in the QT are eating like pigs.

I did dose prazi yesterday in case of flukes.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Velcro Aside from looking pale, are you noticing any heavy breathing, head twitching, yawning, scratching, swimming into the flow of a powerhead??

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't see what I'd think of as respiratory distress from the fish. They do tend to go over to the powerheads just for a second now and then but that's where the food blows out of when I feed them so I can't tell if it's that or for breathing.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
display still needs another 4 weeks of fallow anyways so maybe I'll just restart copper power tomorrow and keep them therapeutic for 30days.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back