Semi-new to Saltwater aquariums, new member

Amberion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am a dad of 2 (soon to be 3) and we have had a freshwater pond with Gold fish, and chinese high fin sharks for years, as well as a 90 gallon freshwater tank (with a ghostknife and roseline sharks). I decided about a year ago I wanted to try my hand at saltwater. I got my first tank a 13 gallon small tank, and made a softie tank with a couple of clowns, and a purple firefish golbie. My eldest daughter (6) helps me with all of my tank requirements and loved the fish so much that she wanted a tank in her room, for simplicity she has a beta tank with some shrimp. I recently started up my second saltwater tank a 75 gallon with a sump. And am looking forward to playing with that one in the near future. I would not be where I am today with my set ups if it hadnt been for all the amazing threads and posts on this forum. So I decided to join up, to be able to ask questions, and answer any questions that I feel I might have figured out in my so far journey. I look forward to interacting with everyone. I live in Denver CO so anyone in the area who loves fish and wants to get together sometime for a meet up we totally should :)

Brice

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Hello GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Welcome to R2R!!!

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Espn Snow GIF by X Games

WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

OP
OP
A

Amberion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.
Would love to see pics of the pond. I have been playing with the idea for about a year now. Just can't figure out how to keep my rather large dog out of it.
Actually My large dog hates water... so we got lucky because she NEVER goes into it (unless its frozen over and she breaks through the ice, which is kinda funny). Ill see If I can get some photos up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back