Semi-new to Saltwater aquariums, new member

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am a dad of 2 (soon to be 3) and we have had a freshwater pond with Gold fish, and chinese high fin sharks for years, as well as a 90 gallon freshwater tank (with a ghostknife and roseline sharks). I decided about a year ago I wanted to try my hand at saltwater. I got my first tank a 13 gallon small tank, and made a softie tank with a couple of clowns, and a purple firefish golbie. My eldest daughter (6) helps me with all of my tank requirements and loved the fish so much that she wanted a tank in her room, for simplicity she has a beta tank with some shrimp. I recently started up my second saltwater tank a 75 gallon with a sump. And am looking forward to playing with that one in the near future. I would not be where I am today with my set ups if it hadnt been for all the amazing threads and posts on this forum. So I decided to join up, to be able to ask questions, and answer any questions that I feel I might have figured out in my so far journey. I look forward to interacting with everyone. I live in Denver CO so anyone in the area who loves fish and wants to get together sometime for a meet up we totally should :)

Brice
Hi Brice and Welcome!

This is such a great hobby for the whole family to enjoy. Looking forward to hearing about your many successes!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am a dad of 2 (soon to be 3) and we have had a freshwater pond with Gold fish, and chinese high fin sharks for years, as well as a 90 gallon freshwater tank (with a ghostknife and roseline sharks). I decided about a year ago I wanted to try my hand at saltwater. I got my first tank a 13 gallon small tank, and made a softie tank with a couple of clowns, and a purple firefish golbie. My eldest daughter (6) helps me with all of my tank requirements and loved the fish so much that she wanted a tank in her room, for simplicity she has a beta tank with some shrimp. I recently started up my second saltwater tank a 75 gallon with a sump. And am looking forward to playing with that one in the near future. I would not be where I am today with my set ups if it hadnt been for all the amazing threads and posts on this forum. So I decided to join up, to be able to ask questions, and answer any questions that I feel I might have figured out in my so far journey. I look forward to interacting with everyone. I live in Denver CO so anyone in the area who loves fish and wants to get together sometime for a meet up we totally should :)

Brice
Hi Brice,
That is so inspiring! One of the greatest joys of this hobby are the memories that you create with your family! Congrats on the pending #3.... you have parenting all figured out by the third one, right?
Glad that you joined! Happy to have you,
Michelle
family fish GIF by Goldfish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome51.gif

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to in my opinion on of the best hobbies in the world! This hobby is an opportunity to recreate a piece of the ocean in the comfort of your home! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to learn all about the hobby, and can find some valuable resources!

If you are looking for maybe something to watch on your free time and get a better for feel for reef keeping come check out my channel on YouTube! Could be some helpful tips! Hope to chat soon, cheers!

IMG_1502.jpg

Back