Semigrow IT series / Reefbreeders photon V2 setting up a remote to control several lights... Possible?

odariel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

i have 3 IT5012s (all gen 2, with the dimming feature) and i see that the remote has a "MASTER" and SLAVE option, but i dont know how to access it.. i supposse that there must be a way to link all the fixtures together to 1 remote but i dont know how to do it... surely here someone knows how to...

Thanks in advance guys!

detail.jpg

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

i have 3 IT5012s (all gen 2, with the dimming feature) and i see that the remote has a "MASTER" and SLAVE option, but i dont know how to access it.. i supposse that there must be a way to link all the fixtures together to 1 remote but i dont know how to do it... surely here someone knows how to...

Thanks in advance guys!

detail.jpg
Try mining this thread.
It "may" be helpful.
This person wanted to do the opposite but Logans instructions give hints of how to do the master/slave thing..
Logan gave me this set of instructions and I've tried following them 4 or 5 times now and they don't work:
1. Unplug both lights
2. Plug in the first light, and power up the controller.
3. Go to the settings section under the menu, and select “control channel”.
4. Set the control channel to 1 (a setting of 0 will program all nearby lights)
5. Enter your custom settings, then save them by going to save and pressing ok, then going to return, and pressing okay.
6. Unplug the first light.
7. Plug the second light in, and repeat steps 2-5 with the controller for the next light, entering “2” for the control channel instead of 1, then “3” for the third light and so on. You can program up to 7 control channels.
8. Plug the first light in again.
Note: While the lights are now on separate controllers, changing the settings on either of the lights will require you to repeat the steps above. The lights will continue to run the custom program once it has been set then saved to the light.
Post 231...It's an old thread though.

worst comes to worst.. ask Logan at RB.
Looks like an older version of the remote than yours?

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

odariel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks Oreo, will check it out later tonight and see if i can get it to work!

Yest that remote is for the first generation of the lights, no ramping up and down of the leds between the different hours.. its the V1, here in Europe is the original IT 5012 (mines are the it5012B, equivalent to the latest PHOTONS v2).. Wonder if it will work...

Will let you know.. if anyone else have a clear way of doing it on the latest version... do share!

Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back