OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Tank is a mess. Just trying to keep fish healthy and anemones alive. I have a bigger tank but haven’t had time for six months to finish it. My tank is way overstocked
:eek: pics?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
IMG_0636.JPG

OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
sooo. update. Algae has slowed down, ummm... Its bad, tad broke rn to order anything. But on the bright side.... I went to the beach today. Collected some macro algae from the beach. And found a small crab in the macro. So.... I added it all to the tank. LOL.

Maxout
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Added: Agardh's red weed(Agardhiella subulata), Rockweed Poppers (Fucus Vesiculosus), Worm Weed (Dumontia Contorta), Graceful Red Weed (Gracilaria tikvahiae)

OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Update on the tank.

Things are a tad upset ever since 2 days after i added the macro from my local beach. Crab is alive and doing well. However i did notice a small bug looking thing today, im guessing another hitchhiker, need to get an id on it. Tomorrow the tank is getting ripped apart. Going to finally scape it for the fishy. Also doing a huge water change dipping all rock and coral because something is obviously making things upsetti spaghetti.

All macro is coming out and getting tossed except the agardhs red and graceful red

The Tyree has attached itself to the bottom glass right under the return. Gives me about 2-3 inches of space behind it to leave open.

As for the tank itself, Chemistry wise its been fine, nitrates finally came down to around 40ppm.. better than over 120...

Phos is coming down. this is just on biweekly 50% water changes.

Also figured out the hitchhiker green mystery thing, they are green paly's. No anemone here!! WHOOP WHOOP

What is the best "cleaning product" or home recipe for cleaning reef tank equipment?

• Water and scrubbing

Votes: 43 13.2%
  • Citric Acid

Votes: 161 49.4%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 103 31.6%
  • Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Lemon Juice

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 3.4%