OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I also added some of my corals from my 30L. Torch, Hammer, and some Zoas. Lighting and focus aren't the best.

IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG

Coach_M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I also added some of my corals from my 30L. Torch, Hammer, and some Zoas. Lighting and focus aren't the best.

IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG
What ortho company you work for? I’m from a small town Warsaw IN, “ ortho capital”. a Lot of friends and family with zimmer/depuy

OP
OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ortho company you work for? I’m from a small town Warsaw IN, “ ortho capital”. a Lot of friends and family with zimmer/depuy
Haha I'm definitely familiar with Warsaw, IN, small world. A lot of my buddies work for Zimmer Biomet. I was with Exactech mainly, but I did some work for Biomet before that. I've since switched over to Cardiac, but I always loved Ortho.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you've got just the one Nero on your tank. Is it giving enough flow across the tank? I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to use. My initial thought was a pair of Octo Pulse 2's on the back and angled inward toward the front center. I've also considered a Maxspect 330 which wouldn't be an issue since the glass is 3/8".

OP
OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you've got just the one Nero on your tank. Is it giving enough flow across the tank? I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to use. My initial thought was a pair of Octo Pulse 2's on the back and angled inward toward the front center. I've also considered a Maxspect 330 which wouldn't be an issue since the glass is 3/8".
That was the new one I purchased and felt like it’s definitely not enough. While the Nero flow could reach the other end, I feel like there were too many dead spots or low flow areas. Once I transferred everything from my old tank I put the 2nd Nero in and feel it’s much better with two. I currently have them set across from each other but one towards the back and the other towards the front creating a sort of circular current. I’ve been playing around with them though and trying to figure out what’s going to give me the best flow options.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really hoping the Reef Octopus Blade comes out soon. I love the idea of being able to run the two separately but on one controller. This way I could put each side on the back corner blowing forward or even angle them 45 degrees near the top.

OP
OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for calcium and all supplement?
Nothing as of yet, just weekly water changes currently. With only a few frags I'm not seeing any drop in parameters. Once I add more corals and start seeing a drop in Ca, Alk, Mg, etc.. I'll start dosing.

OP
OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really hoping the Reef Octopus Blade comes out soon. I love the idea of being able to run the two separately but on one controller. This way I could put each side on the back corner blowing forward or even angle them 45 degrees near the top.
That'll be cool, I like those gyre style pumps. If I didn't already have the Nero from my old tank I may have gone with something like that. I saw Red Sea has some coming out as well.

OP
OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've changed the aquascape around to add some more caves and I feel this gives me better flow on the left side as I was noticing some dead spots in that corner. I'm gonna grab a top down shot so you can see the depth a little bit better. Please ignore the window glare, I'll get some clearer shots when its dark out.
IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3825.JPG
IMG_3827.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That'll be cool, I like those gyre style pumps. If I didn't already have the Nero from my old tank I may have gone with something like that. I saw Red Sea has some coming out as well.
I'm really wanting to see the Blade in real tanks. What is peaking my interest is that you can split it into two separate units...one for each side of the tank.

OP
OP
SenatorPOPS

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really wanting to see the Blade in real tanks. What is peaking my interest is that you can split it into two separate units...one for each side of the tank.
Yea that’s awesome. Especially because they’re smaller units, you can probably make some really cool flow patterns with a few scattered around the tank

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m obsessed with this tank but don’t like that’s it’s not functional for sps and acros.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back