September Coral Fragging Workshop and Raffle!!! Sept 27th 3pm

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me say that I do not have a date for this as of yet, but it will be on a Sunday afternoon.

It is with a happy heart that I am here to tell you that our extremely popular coral fragging workshop and raffle will go on. We will be doing it in @acer 's back patio outside so that we can have a maximum of 50 people while following the state guidelines. We usually have 50 people or so, but I feel that we may need to ask people to leave their children at home if at all possible. As always we will purchase coral colonies (I will direct import from Indonesia this year) and demonstrate fragging them and at the end we will raffle off all of the coral with proceeds going back to the club to try to recoup some of the coral/shipping costs. I will update with a date after conferring with the rest of the board.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although letting us know your are coming on this thread would be helpful. I believe we are limited to 50 poeple or less, on all gatherings, in Allegheny county still.

So - to date, we have 5 attending on this thread = Jaime, Acer, Steven , Camaro, Miller. Please let people know about this and sign up here.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on coming, might bring the gf is she is off. will bring chairs for sure. Also they increased the limit to 100 people in outdoor gatherings

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first corals have been ordered. Indo Torches ;), Gold Indo Hammers, Yellow Indo Octospawns, Rainbow Acropora Tenius, Cherry Red Acropora divaricata, Pink Acropora Millepora, Bali Shortcake Acro, Goniopora.

There will be much more that I will be ordering on Tuesday but had the opportunity to snatch up some really nice Euphyllia so we took it.

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although letting us know your are coming on this thread would be helpful. I believe we are limited to 50 poeple or less, on all gatherings, in Allegheny county still.

So - to date, we have 5 attending on this thread = Jaime, Acer, Steven , Camaro, Miller. Please let people know about this and sign up here.

i live 45 minutes away i will be attending with the wife most defiantly.

It is of the most Excellence of you by the way to have this at your residence. Reefing must endure !

Ps. Is this a all day event ? am i able to bring a cooler with food / beverage along with my chairs ?

Last edited:

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another questions during the Workshop will you be selling raffle tickets there for the raffle ? or do i have to get the tickets else where?

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rapid I expect it to last 3 or 4 hours. You can bring whatever you want with you. We will be selling the raffle tickets there. They are $1 donation. buy as many as you want.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rapid I expect it to last 3 or 4 hours. You can bring whatever you want with you. We will be selling the raffle tickets there. They are $1 donation. buy as many as you want.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the coral is looking good. I still need to order another box next week, but the first half is at The Reef Gallery if anyone wants to come check it out.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the coral is looking good. I still need to order another box next week, but the first half is at The Reef Gallery if anyone wants to come check it out.

I'll have to come up and take some pics

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back