Serious marine velvet on tangs

Sbristol49

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 5 tangs, 2 purple, 1 yellow, blue & lavender tang. They have a crap load of white spots all over them, I’m assuming it’s velvet I put them in cupramine last night I put the maximum amount of drops I could, there eating decently well still, but the white spots seemed to have gotten worse, how long will take it for the copper to start killing the parasites... and what’s the fallow period, it’s a 55 gallon quarantine tank not the best for 5 tangs but it’s all I had. Literally my clownfish, niger trigger & damsels have shown no white spots or nothing which is weird gonna take em out of there soon. Let me know thanks.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi going to call the experts for help, try to post pics before they come..best wishes.. #reefsqaud @Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pictures? Velvet and ich are not as easy to tell apart of folks may think, especially when the ich is in a later stage. Do you have a copper test kit? You want to get up to the maximum dose as stated on the bottle as soon as you can. Copper does not cure immediately, three days before you see a leveling off of the progression, and a few more days to see it drop the parasites back. In severe cases, it may not work fast enough, especially with velvet.

Jay

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back