set up Ecotech MP pump to ONLY turn on when power goes out?

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have Red Sea Reefwave gyres in my tanks, and Ecotech returns with batteries, but i am curious to know if you could connect an MP wavemaker to battery and set up to turn on ONLY if the power goes out? in other words, power goes out, red sea gyres turn off, return pump still runs, MP10 kicks on. i dont mess with Mobius but would be willing to if this can be done. anybody?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have Red Sea Reefwave gyres in my tanks, and Ecotech returns with batteries, but i am curious to know if you could connect an MP wavemaker to battery and set up to turn on ONLY if the power goes out? in other words, power goes out, red sea gyres turn off, return pump still runs, MP10 kicks on. i dont mess with Mobius but would be willing to if this can be done. anybody?
Curious, why not just set your gyres to stay on (I assume you have a method/battery backup, etc) - if the power goes out? Part of the answer of 'how to do it' is how you plan to run your return pump, when the power goes off?

OP
OP
cmross13

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have ecotech return pumps on both of my tanks with ecotech battery backups. during summer we get a lot of "brown outs" where i live, and the power go goes out for a few minutes up to maybe an hour on a weekly basis. Ecotech batteries have a spare port, i already have a spare MP10, wouldn't mind adding a second if this will accomplish what im after. i wish red sea would make a return pump and backup battery lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back