setting up 120gl softy tank

Richie27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dosing machine. do I need to does calcium magnesium ? I have 2 kesel A360 and also 2 first generation Radions
I like the look of radiance but hate the complications of having to use a computer to work them I am about the move and have a 65 gallons set up which I will be breaking down and I’m going to set up the 120 at the new place any advice would be helpful

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dosing machine. do I need to does calcium magnesium ? I have 2 kesel A360 and also 2 first generation Radions
I like the look of radiance but hate the complications of having to use a computer to work them I am about the move and have a 65 gallons set up which I will be breaking down and I’m going to set up the 120 at the new place any advice would be helpful
Dosing of both calcium and magnesium will be dependant on consumption. Certainly, it will be minimal with a softy only tank and primary consumption will be from your coralline algae. You likely might be fine with a regulated water change schedule. Your tank parameters will dictate what you need to do. Always love softies. Gives movement to an otherwise stagnant, sans fish, aquarium.

OP
OP
R

Richie27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 60 was doing awesome and looking great had a bunch of hammers zos acans duncan with 7 heads i started using nopox and killed everything except Gps mushrooms and they are not looking so good and to Toad stol left lost 10 fish very depressing and I happened very quick

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 60 was doing awesome and looking great had a bunch of hammers zos acans duncan with 7 heads i started using nopox and killed everything except Gps mushrooms and they are not looking so good and to Toad stol left lost 10 fish very depressing and I happened very quick
I can say that your hammers will suck up the calcium for certain. The key is to maintain calcium around 400-420 for all marine life. Dose as needed and be aware of your salt mix calcium contents. Consistency is the key. There could have been a number of factors, or combination thereof, that contributed to the loss of life.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back