setting up 150 g tank

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all so i am looking to set up my 150 g tank this weekend and need some input from my fellow members i want to do a half reef half swim i dont want alot of corals but i want more of a natural look but as of right now i need to get the tank up and running but not sure what equipment to go with so this is where i need your help. i have a 40 g breeder tank that i want to use as a sump or maybe get a wet/dry filter tank please give me input as to if this was your tank you were setting up. lights, filtration, sump etc thanks

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY LEDs for sure with Cree bulbs!

Mike D "like the beastie boys" Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have A DIY sump (melevsreef.com has some good info), find someone to build me a DIY LED light system, & mp40 and a mp 10 combo. Those are just the things that come to the top of my head.

As for rock, I would look at the dry rock from BRS.

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
diy led set up a couple of mp40s diy sump out of your 40 breeder decent protein skimmer 150 pounds of a dry rock/live rock combo 3 inch substrate return pumps sch 80 pvc to run plumbing sure theres more stuff just off the top of my head

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mp10 won't fit on you tank the glass is to thick. There is no need for schedule 80 PVC. I would get a bigger tank and use as a sump or run a two tank sump. Two 40 breeders is what I am running on my 120 for sump/fuge.

OP
OP
glamisracers

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone i forgot to mention my tank isnt drilled and not sure if i can drill it or if i should leave it like it is its a 3/4 in glass

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get yourself a nice hob pre filter box with double tubes, nice pre made sump/fuge with a eheim pump 1262, nice t-5 or led light fixture, Tunze power heads a good ato and possibly an apex and you are ready to reef

OP
OP
glamisracers

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this weekend i started to set up my tank have a few more things to finish and get and it will be all ready to cycle pics will be posted soon

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this weekend i started to set up my tank have a few more things to finish and get and it will be all ready to cycle pics will be posted soon

Glad to hear it. What did you decide on? Hope you went with a bigger sump, 75g or so

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back