Setting up hospital tank

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm setting up a hospital tank for my fish who are showing signs of some illness in my display tank, I was wondering if Ich is possibly involved can I still use filter media from my display tank to cycle the hospital tank? I was going to use one of my hob units and cycle it that way.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Media can be transferred into the qt, but do not transfer it back after staring copper (risk of absorbing copper and exposing inverts in DT). Any ich in the filter will be killed by copper anyway.
Ensure that the tank is fallowed for 60 days.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a big bottle of cycling bacteria and a biosponge if you don't want to contaminate your media with copper (assuming its not just biosponges you have).

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Media can be transferred into the qt, but do not transfer it back after staring copper (risk of absorbing copper and exposing inverts in DT). Any ich in the filter will be killed by copper anyway.
Ensure that the tank is fallowed for 60 days.
Thank you I appreciate the response. I'm actually going to transfer them into a new tank I'm setting up in a few months so they will be in quarantine until that's all ready

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 68 26.3%
Back