Setting up second PH probe on Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am having problems getting a second PH probe through the orp connector on the controller. I was able to get the ph2 probe to display on the screen but the reading is zero. I went into the orp setup and changed the name to ph2. I also enabled it there also.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same issue try renaming it phx2 for some reason there is a glitch in the software and it wont recognize ph2

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having problems getting a second PH probe through the orp connector on the controller. I was able to get the ph2 probe to display on the screen but the reading is zero. I went into the orp setup and changed the name to ph2. I also enabled it there also.

I could be miss understanding your post so please correct me if I am incorrect...???

You enabled the pH2 port and still left the ORP port enabled?....and changed the name of the ORP probe to pH2?

You should have enabled the pH2 probe and as another member said rename the 2nd pH probe to something meaningful like pH_Ca....then "Disable" the ORP probe.

You might have to look in the unused tile bins if you don't see your pH2 probe data tile on the dashboard.

OP
OP
WVReefJunkie

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's been so long ago when I tried it. I think that I hooked up the second PH probe to the orp connection on the Apex, then changed the name of the orp settings to ph2. Then I calibrated the probe. I could not get the display to show any numbers for the PH readings.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't change the ORP probe name to pH and calibrate...it does not work that way...

Yes connect your 2nd pH probe to the ORP/pH2 port and then go to the display module and do these steps:

Main Menu> Setup> pH Setup> pH Enable (now it will display pH first and use the arrow pad up & down to select pH2 and then enable this probe)...
back out of the programming to Setup page and then do these steps:

Setup> ORP Setup> ORP Enable (now select the ORP probe and then disable this probe)
again back out of the programming to Setup page and then do these steps:

Setup> pH Setup> pH Calibrate (now it will display pH first and use the arrow pad up & down to select pH2 and then calibrate this probe remember to have the correct calibration fluid on hand because for ca reactor you would need 4.0 & 7.0 and of course for tank pH you would need 7.0 & 10.0)

Last step is to rename the probe and to do this just go back to the Setup> pH Setup> pH Name (now it will display pH first and use the arrow pad up & down to select pH2 and then rename this probe)...

This can also be done through the Classic Dashboard

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok trying to this also to set up .ca reactor which ph probe do you use for the calcium reactor and which pump is used to set on and off for ph range 6.5-6.7. Please help

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not understanding your question pf which pH probe do you use for the Ca Reactor?

Are you asking what type of grade of probe (Standard or Lab Grade)?
- It does not make a difference but a Lab Grade probe is more accurate then the standard probe and the calibration seams to last longer on a Lab Grade probe more then the Standard probe

or

Are you asking if you should pH, pH2 or pH port on a PM1 ports for the Ca Reactor?
- You can use any of these but most people use the pH probe for the tank, and use either the pH2 (need to rename to something meaningful) or the PM1 pH port will work fine.

I use a NC solenoid that turns off/on the flow of CO gas into the regulator that is controlled by the pH in the Ca Reactor

You can fine good examples on Neptune's Community Forum if you use the search on the forum

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't change the ORP probe name to pH and calibrate...it does not work that way...

Yes connect your 2nd pH probe to the ORP/pH2 port and then go to the display module and do these steps:

Main Menu> Setup> pH Setup> pH Enable (now it will display pH first and use the arrow pad up & down to select pH2 and then enable this probe)...
back out of the programming to Setup page and then do these steps:

Setup> ORP Setup> ORP Enable (now select the ORP probe and then disable this probe)
again back out of the programming to Setup page and then do these steps:

Setup> pH Setup> pH Calibrate (now it will display pH first and use the arrow pad up & down to select pH2 and then calibrate this probe remember to have the correct calibration fluid on hand because for ca reactor you would need 4.0 & 7.0 and of course for tank pH you would need 7.0 & 10.0)

Last step is to rename the probe and to do this just go back to the Setup> pH Setup> pH Name (now it will display pH first and use the arrow pad up & down to select pH2 and then rename this probe)...

This can also be done through the Classic Dashboard
excellent instructions for the old apex display ….what about instructions for the new apex that does not have little display box with buttons

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
excellent instructions for the old apex display ….what about instructions for the new apex that does not have little display box with buttons

Login to Apex Local or Apex Fusion

Click on the three gear (expand) icon and then click on the thermometer (Input) icon and find the probe on the list and click on it to get to the configuration page to then enable or disable the probe

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back