Setting up the QT again...

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by 4FordFamily, Oct 4, 2017.

1. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Starting all over after my accident and new move -- making some progress!

Readying the 55 gal quarantine. A HOB filter from an established Rubbermaid coral and rock QT, a little partially live sand I couldn't remove easily (but will with first water change), bio spira starting today and stability since Sunday when I set it up. Polyfiber pad for bacteria colonization until I dose copper.

Awaiting my ammonia badge and some testing to see how I'm doing and how bad my water changes will have to be when I buy my first batch of fish, hopefully next week!

I set up my RO after my softener with a kill switch/float valve for the 44 gal brute mixing station/water storage!

Needs a bit of glass cleaning and some more PVC structure this weekend! Also waiting on a replacement pump for my HOB reef octopus 180 skimmer, for use only with copper.

IMG_5289.JPG

Tags:

2. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Grinnin' for you over here!!

~Bruce

3. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

Happy to see you jumpin' back in!!! :)

4. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

My wallet isn't! :D

Thanks buddy, you're an inspiration!

ngoodermuth, Maritimer and Humblefish like this.
  5. GHsaltie

GHsaltie Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2018

I very nearly squealed with delight at seeing this thread! And I never squeal, so that's saying something :).

6. 4FordFamily

Well thank you! Glad to have such a great group here of support!

Maritimer likes this.
  7. LuckyPhil

LuckyPhil Member R2R Supporter

Good luck! Every few days I like to go to your tang aggression thread to fulfil my tang addiction.
    Your incident always gets me thinking If I should invest in an inverter generator and in case of a long power outages, but they are dang expensive.
    I have a 1200Va UPS which only connects to my sump pump for water flow and aeration but this only lasts about 3 hours. I get nervous about long power outages since I have recently introduced my achilles tang.
    I know I know better to just get an inverter generator or you will regret it..... but trying to explain it to the wife is the tricky part haha.
    I have a happy tang tank thanks your knowledge sharing.

IMG_2234.JPG

4FordFamily and Humblefish like this.
  8. ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Good luck! Can't wait to see some fish swimming around in there ;)

4FordFamily likes this.
  9. 4FordFamily

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you found it useful!

Yes I would invest in it... find another reason you should have it ;)

10. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Explain to the wife that she can keep the refrigerator running . . .

~Bruce

11. LuckyPhil

LuckyPhil Member R2R Supporter

Thats a good one!

Maritimer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted