Setting up the QT again...

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting all over after my accident and new move -- making some progress!

Readying the 55 gal quarantine. A HOB filter from an established Rubbermaid coral and rock QT, a little partially live sand I couldn't remove easily (but will with first water change), bio spira starting today and stability since Sunday when I set it up. Polyfiber pad for bacteria colonization until I dose copper.

Awaiting my ammonia badge and some testing to see how I'm doing and how bad my water changes will have to be when I buy my first batch of fish, hopefully next week!

I set up my RO after my softener with a kill switch/float valve for the 44 gal brute mixing station/water storage!

Needs a bit of glass cleaning and some more PVC structure this weekend! Also waiting on a replacement pump for my HOB reef octopus 180 skimmer, for use only with copper.

IMG_5289.JPG

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very nearly squealed with delight at seeing this thread! And I never squeal, so that's saying something :).
Well thank you! Glad to have such a great group here of support!

LuckyPhil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Every few days I like to go to your tang aggression thread to fulfil my tang addiction.
Your incident always gets me thinking If I should invest in an inverter generator and in case of a long power outages, but they are dang expensive.
I have a 1200Va UPS which only connects to my sump pump for water flow and aeration but this only lasts about 3 hours. I get nervous about long power outages since I have recently introduced my achilles tang.
I know I know better to just get an inverter generator or you will regret it..... but trying to explain it to the wife is the tricky part haha.
I have a happy tang tank thanks your knowledge sharing.

IMG_2234.JPG

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Can't wait to see some fish swimming around in there ;) [emoji225]

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Every few days I like to go to your tang aggression thread to fulfil my tang addiction.
Your incident always gets me thinking If I should invest in an inverter generator and in case of a long power outages, but they are dang expensive.
I have a 1200Va UPS which only connects to my sump pump for water flow and aeration but this only lasts about 3 hours. I get nervous about long power outages since I have recently introduced my achilles tang.
I know I know better to just get an inverter generator or you will regret it..... but trying to explain it to the wife is the tricky part haha.
I have a happy tang tank thanks your knowledge sharing.

IMG_2234.JPG
Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you found it useful!

Yes I would invest in it... find another reason you should have it ;)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back