Setup and installation

Discussion in 'Turbo's Aquatics' started by fishybizzness, Mar 9, 2019.

1. fishybizzness

fishybizzness Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Happy Saturday Bud,
    I finally got some time to set up my ats. From the photos attached, do you think that the drain pipe is at the right level? Thanks 20190309_151135.jpeg 20190309_151144.jpeg 20190309_151718.jpeg

Tags:

2. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Super Duper Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor 2018 Article Contributor

Yup that is perfect! You can put the filter bag over the coupling and tighten down so it “hangs” on the thumbscrews, that will trap the bubbles

fishybizzness likes this.
  3. fishybizzness

Sweet! And the journey begins!

4. fishybizzness

Will the bubbles subside after awhile?

5. fishybizzness

One more thing, I bought the scrubber for my new 120 but due to house renovations I won't be able to set it up for a few months. I set the scrubber up on my 55 dt with 30 gallon sump. I am having some algae in the dt and am hoping that it can help. Is my 55 too small for the scrubber or should I just run the lights on a low setting?

6. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Super Duper Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor 2018 Article Contributor

They should, once you get growth on the screen. They are mainly entrained by turbulence caused by running water across a bare screen. I don't use them on any of my active scrubbers. It's the microbubbles that are typically formed by water across a bare screen, you might still get some larger bubbles but those will quickly rise to the surface.

Just start it up as normal (lights on 50% for 9-12 hours/day) and leave it there, you might be able to bump up the intensity a few steps along the way, as well as adding a few hours/day (depending on the growth you get) but by the time your main tank is set up, it should be pretty well cured up.

I wouldn't say the L2 on a 55 is oversized, but you might not be able to run the lights full blast 24/7

fishybizzness likes this.
  7. fishybizzness

Thanks Bud!

Floyd R Turbo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted